LADIES! Heart Rate Monitors?

Options
2»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4! I got it after it was recommended to me on here by a lot of people :)

I'm hearing alot of feed back on the Polar FT4!! I was so skeptical on which one I wanted out of the FT4 or FT60! As far as calories, does it seem pretty accurate?? I can't wait to purchase mine :)

Polar is the most accurate calorie estimation that you will get from an HRM. FT4 and FT60 have a lot of differences so I suggest doing research to figure out which one is best for you.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT7 - I got it for right around $80 on Amazon.com (with free shipping, no sales tax).

I also strongly considered the FT60 but the price was almost double. So far, I'm really happy with my FT7. It's comfortable and works well, and my calorie burn seems accurate (though way, way, way less than MFP would have given me).
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Polar-FT7-Fitness-Moniter-Womens/dp/B004KN296G/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1313684787&sr=8-14

this is the one i have i love it, i had timex before and it was not accurate this one is!
  • Youngv27
    Options
    You can buy one for about $20.00 that is actually good measures Calories, Heart Rate, distance and even has a cool blue light. Take a look at TJ Max or Marshalls. I was definitely a little taken back by the high prices else where.
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about the FitBit?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Fitbit is a totally different ballgame because you can wear it all day long unlike an HRM that is only made to be worn during exercise. I also believe it tracks steps and monitors your sleep. Not sure if there is a monthly fee to use it, but there might be.
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options

That's probably like the body bugg... Technically I'm suppose to wear it 23hrs a day the 1 hour rest for showers and what not... It does count your steps, and even tells you how much you burn as you sleep... You can also log your food there but I don't because I'm in love with MFP :-)
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 that i got off of Ebay for $79.99 (free shipping) very stylish and easy to use. My trainer and the gym instructors all recommened this to me.

Just love it!
  • KelieHerrera
    Options
    Just reporting back...I got the Polar FT4 a week ago and I LOVE it! At first the idea of a chest strap really bugged me, but I don't mind it at all. It sits just under my sports bra under my boobs and I don't even notice it.

It seems pretty accurate and boy was I glad I got it. My elliptical machine was way overestimating my calories burned, and MFP was even more over the top. I was slowly losing, but maybe now I will lose a little faster instead of spinning my wheels.
  • georgiag111
    Options
    So glad you got it I have the Ft4 as well and its GREAT!
  • Lambja
    Lambja Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump