I'm new too

Options
lynheff
lynheff Posts: 393 Member
I am glad to find this site even though I am new to blogs.( I hope I do everything right!) I have lost 144 pounds after 58 years of being severely overweight. Now the challenge is keeping it off by keeping myself accountable every day. Yep. I was one of those who secretly believed that if I could just lose the weight that somehow I would be "cured". That the behaviors that made me 150 pounds overweight and put me in a wheelchair wouldn't do that any more.... Not so much. I like the easy of use of the food log since that has always been absolutely critical to losing weight for me.

Replies

• bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loss!!!! maitaining is a lot hard. i'm maintaining my 55 lbs loss 7 months ago. its not easy. we just have to take it one day at a time
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Welcome lynh!! :) Keeping the log accurate will certainly help you stay aware of what you are eating and will help you stay focused. Congrats on the big wt loss!! Thats very impressive :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful success for you! Logging my food was the main reason I joined this site. Now I am addicted to all the people I have met on here! I hope you find the site as addicting as I do!!!! GOod luck on the rest of your journey!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and welcome. Logging really helps. I don't think I will ever stop.
  • emmieb10
    emmieb10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! I love this site. This site provides so many motivational tools, so you're in the right place. I recommend "friending" lots of people so that you can get food and exercise ideas from their diaries. I don't have too many friends on here right now, but I'm working on it! Good luck and keep up the awesome work.