Struggling on weekends!😫

Options
2»

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - on the weekend I also put into place another strategy which is different to my normal - I wait as long as I can before having breakfast, then I have a slightly bigger than normal breakfast (my normal is just under 400 cals, on weekend I bump it up to the 400-450 mark), then I have a solid lunch (again in the 500 region, which is more than my usual 2 lunches of 300 and 350-400 each) and that leaves me with more calories to play with for dinner which means I can fit pizza or whatever in there.
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am working on my weekend habit of eating something every now and then so I know what you feel 😖

Do you overeat while watching telly - I have chosen to watch, weight loss related documentaries

Could you order smaller portion of pizza and beer - I still eat multiple snacks on weekend but they would much smaller portion of my old habit.

Can you come home by walk - which will put you in healthy mindset.

Set your weight in on weekend 😄 . You will probably eat less in fear of showing big number. I am mostly careful in eating and exercise before weigh in day.

You will need to analyse yourself and find your own solution. There are great ideas from everyone to take inspiration 👍🏼. All the best.
  • KnitterNotAQuitter
    Options
    Hi there, I couldn't tell from your message if the pizza and drinks are at home or out with friends. No judgement either way -- it's just much harder to manage when you're trying to socialize and don't have any control over how the food is prepared.

But if you're eating pizza at home, I like to get a frozen pizza -- a cheese Skinny Pizza is a good one -- and load it up with frozen veggies like broccoli, zucchini, carrots, squash and red peppers. You can usually find a mix like that in the frozen aisle. It's not the same as takeout for sure, but a much better choice. If you check labels, you can find a whole frozen pizza you can down for ~600 calories (or less) and have your pizza night without the guilt. (And bonus: no leftovers, so pizza night doesn't become pizza weekend.)
  • KnitterNotAQuitter
    Options
    Oh, I also like to throw a skillet dinner together that might satisfy your pizza craving. Here's what I put in it:
    - 1 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms (like portabella)
    - 1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano - no salt added (I use Hunt's)
    - 2 - 1 lb. (16 oz.) bags frozen zucchini slices
    - 1 large jar of marinara sauce (look for something low sodium, low added sugar like The Silver Palate brand)
    - 4 links of chicken Italian Sausage, sliced (the Boar's Head is good)
    - 1/2 - 1 lb. (16 oz.) bag of frozen fajita veggies (onion, green and red bell peppers)
    - shredded 2% mozzarella or parmesan (or both!) cheese for the top

Just get a big skillet, cook the frozen veggies and mushrooms until they are unfrozen and look a little cooked, drain out the excess water, add the tomatoes and sauce and sausage, and simmer covered until it all looks cooked. Top with the cheese. It's basically pizza without the crust, and around 300 calories a serving. (This is for ~5 people ... I like to dish out the extra and freeze it, take it out the night before and it's lunch at work.) And you can use fresh veggies. I like the frozen stuff because it's already chopped and I can have it on hand.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Try making the Friday pizza and beer a part of your plan.

It sounds to me like it's not the pizza and beer on a Friday night that's the problem and more the fact you're seeing the Friday pizza and beer as a "failure" and you think "Screw it. I've failed may as well just go nuts for the rest of the weekend".

It's all the calories you're eating AFTER the Friday pizza and beer that's doing the real damage so plan to have Friday pizza and beer, then Successfully have Friday pizza and beer then you won't have anything to hang your head in shame about and can get on with your weekend without the all out weekend binge party.

you can either save up some extra calories during the week for the splurge or keep things the way they are just accept that enjoying, say, an additional 700 calories of pizza and beer each Friday is going to slow your progress by about 1/5th of a pound per week and 1/5th of a pound per week slower weight loss isn't a huge price to pay to enjoy pizza and beer guilt free.
  • cartersmom06
    cartersmom06 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted! Alot of great tips! 😊
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this CICO way of lifecfor a long time off and on. I find that I am compliant during the week and then come Friday evening I decide to 'treat' myself to pizza and beer and that leads to an all out weekend binge party. Sunday vomes and I hang my head in shame...Monday arrives and I do it all over again! How do I break this cycle??

Here is my idea for you to consider trying:

Start with a decision that this next weekend coming up will be different.
    For example, wait til Saturday to treat yourself and feel good about about one less day than usual on an old habit you want to break.

The following weekend, stick to the sat/sun party line but this time try to cut back on the beer and pizza by a pre-determined amount (1/3 to 1/2 less), and feel good the next day with less toxins lingering in your system.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue. I stay up much later on weekends which seems to inevitably result in late night snacking. So I decided to eat very little early in the day so I could bank extra calories for the evening. I'm not into IF but I do find that I'm not quite as ravenous until I actually start eating each day. Sometimes I have no breakfast and then just a cup of soup or something similar for lunch. That seems to give me enough extra calories for my evening.
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There is a bunch of good advice here. One thing that I do is instead of trying to 'save up' enough calories Mon-Fri before the weekend is to 'repay' any extra calories I've eaten the Mon-Fri after the weekend. In other words, if I go over my calorie goal by 700 calories on the weekend I'll have to reduce my Mon-Fri calories by 700 the following week so that I can reach my average daily calorie goal. The app makes this really easy by using the average calories/day by week function - just move the week so that it ends on Friday. Thinking about it this way keeps me in check because I know if I go over by quite a few calories during the weekend I might have some awfully hungry days the following week. On the weekends where I don't go over I love having the 'extra' calories each day.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    well..the good news is you know how to maintain. I say this because my husband has done this since the beginning of summer. He loses all week long..gains it back on the weekend..and then loses it all by the next Friday. Rinse and repeat.
    I keep telling him if he could just get to his goal weight.. he could do this forever and maintain. He just can never get all the weight off and get to goal. ...and I am starting to think he never will.