In need of some serious support

Options
2»

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new kitty. That is exactly what we did.
    The established cat took a while to adjust, the new one was skittish and ferrel, but did accept her in the end.

Cheers, h.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I was devastated when my beautiful husky died young of cancer. Took me a really long time to get over it. Probably would have taken much less time if I had been able to get a new dog, but that wasn't possible for me.

funny-hug-images-2.jpg
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Update: our other cat was so depressed that he would wander around crying all night and it just broke my heart. So I called the shelter and told them what happened. They had a huge intake of kittens this month, so we went to get a friend for our other cat. So far he has been tolerating the new addition. Little worried about him (not the kitten) though because he’s been vomiting numerous times today. Thankfully we have a vet appt tomorrow for both of them.

New kitten:

5z4j6siztkk7.jpeg

Aww 🙁, our cat did that too after our dog died. She howled all night, it was such an awful eerie sound! She stood by the window looking out waiting for him to come home. It took her 2 years to start acting herself again. I bet it was a good idea you brought home the kitten, hope it will help him (and you) take your mind off things.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Update: our other cat was so depressed that he would wander around crying all night and it just broke my heart. So I called the shelter and told them what happened. They had a huge intake of kittens this month, so we went to get a friend for our other cat. So far he has been tolerating the new addition. Little worried about him (not the kitten) though because he’s been vomiting numerous times today. Thankfully we have a vet appt tomorrow for both of them.

We had a dog die suddenly a couple of years ago and our remaining dog seemed unhappy and a little lost until we adopted our new boy. He helped her heal . . . actually, he helped all of us heal. Best wishes for your family and your new kitten!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    What a cutie!

We lost our 15 year old dog in September and the cat she raised who was her best buddy was absolutely inconsolable. Last week we adopted another dog and I am amazed at how well they have bonded and how he has come back to his old self.

I hope your new kitty helps all of you recover - always space in your heart for good memories and a new love.