The Office

Options
CaptainFantastic01
CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
edited November 2018 in Chit-Chat
Sweeping declaration:

People who don't like The Office haven't seen it.

For those of us who have seen it,

favorite character?

Favorite season?

Favorite episode?

gifs are encouraged

Replies

• Jadesfire93
    Jadesfire93 Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    The American Office. I like all of them.
    Though it worries me when I relate to Dwight the most.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

RareGeneralFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

• rcl19335
    rcl19335 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with DeadliftsAndSprinkles but James Spader was pretty funny. Surprisingly.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I watch up until Michael leaves -- I didn't think it was funny after that and I feel like that's when it should've ended (don't hurt me).

Michael is my favourite but I also liked Gabe a lot (I think he's even funnier now on Silicon Valley).

I like when Dwight and Gabe compete against each other in the leg curls contest.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    I watch up until Michael leaves -- I didn't think it was funny after that and I feel like that's when it should've ended (don't hurt me).

Michael is my favourite but I also liked Gabe a lot (I think he's even funnier now on Silicon Valley).

gabe is my least favorite part of this show honestly. And Micheal made it very difficult for me to watch the show as he was SO ignorant that he was constantly offensive and awful to the people he worked with. when micheal leaves it gives other characters an opportunity to grow in ways that couldn't have with him there in addition to giving him literally the best send off. I LOVE Holly because she's all the fun of micheal except she isn't obtusely ignorant of how to act in the real working world
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

gabe is my least favorite part of this show honestly. And Micheal made it very difficult for me to watch the show as he was SO ignorant that he was constantly offensive and awful to the people he worked with. when micheal leaves it gives other characters an opportunity to grow in ways that couldn't have with him there in addition to giving him literally the best send off. I LOVE Holly because she's all the fun of micheal except she isn't obtusely ignorant of how to act in the real working world

I see a lot of Michael traits on internet forums.....
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »

I see a lot of Michael traits on internet forums.....

it's easy to be a Micheal when you don't really have to face people and deal with consequences
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    When Kevin spills his chili.

chili.gif
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    When Kevin spills his chili.

chili.gif

This!

Also when Andy needed a "real accountant" to make an $800 error.
    Next would be Michael and the GPS and Jans midlife crisis.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The worst part about it is that it really got my hopes up for when I entered an office job.

Sadly my office is not as dysfunctional/fun as The Office :(

I guess I needa start encasing peoples staplers in jell-o
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I am more of an Office Space kinda guy, and red Swingline staplers.

office-space_320.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    The worst part about it is that it really got my hopes up for when I entered an office job.

Sadly my office is not as dysfunctional/fun as The Office :(

I guess I needa start encasing peoples staplers in jell-o

be sneaky because you might accidentally do it to an Andy
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a Michael Scott in their lives..and if not you are missing out on lots of mocking lol. .I would say my favorites are Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam....I also love Ricky Gervais' as David the UK Michael or original lol he cracks me up and is more egomaniac than Michael....lol not an easy task....

• Nicksmom106
    Options
    th?id=OIP.z9s6S827s10QkY_htg-dLgHaDt&pid=Api

My girl....my toughts😋😏
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »

office-space_320.jpg
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »

office-space_320.jpg

Love this movie...lol Jimmy james!!!!👍
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    th?id=OIP.z9s6S827s10QkY_htg-dLgHaDt&pid=Api

My girl....my toughts😋😏

I just watched this episode today lol "I know that Jan didn't poison the food. but if she did who would she poison? Micheal's former lover"
  • Nicksmom106
    Options

Have you seen the original Office? Half the time I watched it (while I loved it) watching David Brent just had me going, "oh no, David, please don't. No. Oh, you did it anyways."

But I still disagree with you :laugh:

I tried watching it but I hated Andy as the manager. I wanted it to be Gabe.

David Brent is hysterical!😋 and makes me want to🤦😉
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options

Have you seen the original Office? Half the time I watched it (while I loved it) watching David Brent just had me going, "oh no, David, please don't. No. Oh, you did it anyways."

But I still disagree with you :laugh:

I tried watching it but I hated Andy as the manager. I wanted it to be Gabe.

I've never watched that one but he was on an episode of the office. Gabe is probably one of my least favorite tv characters. he is slimy and bad. sorry that i said it but it needed to be said lol. Someone else should have been the boss. I didn't like Will Ferrell's character but the bit for the office is it's a bad boss. Andy is a bad boss for sure. outside of Andy screwing up the boss position there is so much good that happens
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My favorite character was Creed. His one liners killed me. My favorite episode was the fire drill one. That episode had me laughing the whole time. The season did go down hill after Michael left. It wasn't as funny.