The perfect score

Options
I’m so excited I just have to share this! In planning out my meals for the week I stumbled into the perfect score!! Now just to follow through without treats ..uibs15h4f0ta.jpeg
795u9puue8w5.jpeg

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Well done.

Now try doing that again with different foods.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    31g of fat is really low.

It would be a reasonable fat intake for someone whose healthy goal weight is around 88 pounds. ;););)

OP, I hope you understand that macronutrients are a "close is good enough" proposition; that nutrients generally are about nutrition, but it's pretty much entirely calorie level that determines weight management success (but food choices affect satiation and happiness, so make any particular calorie level harder or easier to stick with long enough to manage weight).

In particular, it's fine to eat treats once the basics of good nutritional balance are covered, or even on an exception/rare basis for a special occasion even at the expense of one day's nutrition score.

Success means balancing nutrition, tastiness, satiation, calorie level, social connection, and more, in a way that keeps you personally satisfied and happy long term.

I'm guessing what size you might be, but if that 1300-some calories is an appropriate level for you, I'm betting you could decrease protein a little in order to get sufficient fats. (I'm 5'5", and shoot for a minimum of 100g protein daily, which is around twice the US RDA already.)

Reasonable calories for weight management + good balanced eating for nutrition + exercise for fitness = best odds of continued long term good health.

Best wishes, and congrats on hitting the exact macros!
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well done.

Now try doing that again with different foods.

One down, 365 to go 😂
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    More fiber!!
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I do have a hamburger as my profile pic.. so.. this is a major deal for me - will work on the fiber, though my family might protest.. 😬
    (Edited to add emoji for laughs)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    I do have a hamburger as my profile pic.. so.. this is a major deal for me - will work on the fiber, though my family might protest.. 😬

Increase fiber gradually. Gradual adaptation = minimal family-perceptible side effects. ;)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Increase fiber gradually. Gradual adaptation = minimal family-perceptible side effects. ;)

Where's the fun in that? Nothing better than spooking the dogs with a loud youknowwhat.

:devil:
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Where's the fun in that? Nothing better than spooking the dogs with a loud youknowwhat.

Ahem. I was speaking to the OP's implied social sensitivities, not predicting your personal idiosyncratic proclivities, TW.

Please, by all means: Go eat a big head of cabbage, a couple of good-sized onions, and a generous bowl of All Bran, and have a wonderful time. I'll be over here a safe number of states away, waiting for your li'l hobby to register on the Richter scale, and your nearest metro area's air quality meters.

I need time to build my bomb shelter

l4zn9wh94wtm.png
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Long term discipline and results are more important than what a few numbers add up to.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Ahem. I was speaking to the OP's implied social sensitivities, not predicting your personal idiosyncratic proclivities, TW.

Please, by all means: Go eat a big head of cabbage, a couple of good-sized onions, and a generous bowl of All Bran, and have a wonderful time. I'll be over here a safe number of states away, waiting for your li'l hobby to register on the Richter scale, and your nearest metro area's air quality meters.

l4zn9wh94wtm.png

As I tell my wife, my toots all smell like roses.....
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

l4zn9wh94wtm.png

Just don't ever give her roses then...the jig will be up.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

l4zn9wh94wtm.png

Just don't ever give her roses then...the jig will be up.

(She knows, she's a florist) :)
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    More fiber!!

Really? I think 25g is good. That's about what I get in a day and it's a good amount for me. I'm also a short female.