Fast Food Sauce: REVEALED

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I think I just got food poisoning from looking at it...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I think I just got food poisoning from looking at it...

Trust me, most of us who work there feel the same way.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've worked at my fair share of fast food restaurants... our sauce didn't sit around looking like that, we were pretty on top of tossing out anything that had been out for too long... There were little clocks (or another form of written reminder) that you wrote on w/ a grease pencil what time things got tossed. Everything was kept in little tubs in a big thing of ice... except the HOT foods of course... I don't know where you work, but it's gross, they need to clean house (probably literally, but mainly employee-wise)

Not to say that processed crap is good for you, cuz we know it's not... but this is different... this is gross, and gross food comes from gross people
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    :( people ate that...
  • Jorra
    Options
    I've worked at my fair share of fast food restaurants... our sauce didn't sit around looking like that, we were pretty on top of tossing out anything that had been out for too long... There were little clocks (or another form of written reminder) that you wrote on w/ a grease pencil what time things got tossed. Everything was kept in little tubs in a big thing of ice... except the HOT foods of course... I don't know where you work, but it's gross, they need to clean house (probably literally, but mainly employee-wise)

Not to say that processed crap is good for you, cuz we know it's not... but this is different... this is gross, and gross food comes from gross people

I'm so happy to hear that other places take better care of things. This store will be remodeled soon, hopefully with proper storage units. I know they'll be getting heated boards so they obviously can't keep the toppings on it anymore. The remodel won't be done until October and I won't be back there until November, so hopefully I can give a positive update after that.
  • missolesky
    Options
    You totally should have posted pictures of the stacker sauce... that is the MOST disgusting in my opinion!
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This thread is gross on so many levels :/
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    butter is okay left out, unless its really really hot out. lol it doesnt separate.
    FAST FOOD IS N A S T Y !!!! Stay away!!!!!

thanks for sharing!!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i haven't eaten in a restaurant in 267312378123578213678216398189128936218 days. I have been to one in the past month but didn't eat squat.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would think that having mayo and ranch out on the counter all day and not chilled is a huge health code violation. Thats disgusting.

I worked at Wendys, and McDonalds and neither were like that. McDonalds was worse then Wendys for sure, but nothing like that. THey actually have "sauce guns" at our McDonalds. The mayo/ketchup/mustard get put in the "guns" and each burger gets one squirt. Sounds gross, which it is.

Wendys has everything in small metal containers surrounded by ice. It says cold and is refilled quite often. They also gets switched out every few hours.
  • Nhendrickson86
    Nhendrickson86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Disgusting. This should be reported. . .seriously. :sick:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Oh nastyyyyyy! When I worked at an itailian restraunt we made our dressing in a trash can, no kidding. It was horrifically disgusting
  • Jorra
    Options
    You totally should have posted pictures of the stacker sauce... that is the MOST disgusting in my opinion!

I should have, but I couldn't get over there without anyone seeing me. I agree with you, Stacker Sauce is NASTY!

I wouldn't mind a sauce gun, you at least don't have to look at it.
  • Jorra
    Options
    I would think that having mayo and ranch out on the counter all day and not chilled is a huge health code violation. Thats disgusting.

I asked my boss and the verdict is that because this crap is so processed, it won't go bad. Hence, it's not a health code violation. I brought it up because the new guacamole is kept on ice, it's real enough to go bad.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Gag!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Did you take these pictures yourself or pull them off the internet?

I took these myself.

Where the F* do you work???? I've work a lot of fast food restaurants and have NEVER seen anything like that!!!

That's not ranch. 0__o I'd also like to know where you work... Never seen "ranch" on any of my food that looks like that.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    do you work at burger king? i worked at a burger king for almost 2 years and our sauce tubs looked the exact same :/ nasty.
  • Jorra
    Options
    do you work at burger king? i worked at a burger king for almost 2 years and our sauce tubs looked the exact same :/ nasty.

I was trying to avoid saying it, but you caught me! Hopefully corporate won't hunt me down now.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Darnit. I thought this was going to be the secret recipe to fast food "special sauce".

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Special-Sauce-Big-Mac-Sauce-Recipe.html

I always thought it was just Thousand Island Dressing...

This thread makes me gag. haha
  • laureneva15
    Options
    That looks quite nasty. Eww.