If you are a fan of Chocolate....

Options
I recently found a beverage that helps when it comes to my love of chocolate.... Cacao shell tea. I add a little cinnamon, some hot pepper, and sweetner and it's good! Obviously not as rich as using milk, but for a milk-free chocolate drink, it really hits the spot. Anyone else familiar with it? Any other suggestions? I also like it with some peppermint tea as well.

Replies

• allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would marry it; if I could. B)
  • KimSim72
    KimSim72 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Too much of a fan of chocolate....I need to cut back big time
  • bayhans
    bayhans Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Thank you for mentioning it, I’m going to try it!
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mmm yes! I have a mint cacao tea that is sooo good. I add a tiny splash of milk to mine though cause I like the richness :D
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Mmm yes! I have a mint cacao tea that is sooo good. I add a tiny splash of milk to mine though cause I like the richness :D

Ah yes.... But there are 3 types of cacao tea I have learned recently... Nibs, Shell, and mixed. I have tried mixed and just shells. Shells are low in caffeine, if not void of it, and it's about as tasty as the mixed version I had. I haven't tried just nibs yet, but I don't see an urgent need as I have found the shells quite satisfying on their own.

And for those who it matters, shells are usually a waste product of chocolate making, so using it as tea is bio-ethical (I think that's the term). Another bonus.

And adding milk is a good idea too for richness, as you say. It certainly is still a lot better than using milk instead of water.