Embarrassed Myself

Options
Tonight I had a 90 minuted class at Orangetheory Fitness and it was very rowing heavy. I like the long classes and enjoy rowing. But tonight, it the last 10 minutes low blood sugar reared it's ugly head. I told the instructor I was going to stay in the green/blue and try to tough it out since we were so close to the end. All I did was walk on the treadmill at a minor incline and then it was time for core exercises on the floor. Well, I made it to the end and couldn't get off the floor. Sigh. My rowing partner helped me sit up and get on a bench. While everyone else around me was stretching I was attacking the Nature Valley bar they brought me like a starving wolf. The shakes subsided pretty quick but then I was so cold I couldn't get into my heavy fleece fast enough.

So yes, that was embarrassing.

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Embarrassing? I could not move! I had a wide audience. I was parched. I was tired. We'd not even started our workout proper, yet.

Night after night, following what has been my usual, after sprint-drills and ball control drills (PM routines for the moment), I can barely stand up from the ground, if I choose to sit and hydrate, which I did just once. Big mistake. We'd had a racquet club party in one of the closest tennis courts and beyond the initial shame, I couldn't stop laughing, for it was that horrifying ... My body was completely depleted of strength and anything else. This account, was sometime last week, when we were hit with 90 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures this Autumn Season and everything, I mean every muscle in my body felt like it had to work that much harder. Already, the location calls for the usual high altitude in desert country climes, so our extremes are draining if one's maintenance is lacking. On this particular day ... Even the run home was mortifying, for it's located higher than where I usually workout outdoors; After one incline, another, further up. My sloshed icy drink was not enough!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I've been close to passing out after doing heavy squats but managed to get to the mats and lie down without looking weird.
    That's not that bad

I went to the gym early. Did my work out. Well doing my cool down i was stretching i fell a sleep for half hour
    HAHAHA
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I have found myself stumbling around like a drunk from either pushing too hard in sessions too close together and/or not being properly hydrated. Disappointed? Yeah. Embarrassed? No. I was working my butt off and it just turned out my butt was a little low on fuel that day. I am not an elite athlete, just someone who tries not to cave in to excuses too readily. It happens.

THIS.