Embarrassed Myself

Options

Replies

• AnjiWind
    AnjiWind Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. It's a scary feeling when your blood sugar starts to crash.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading these so I'll add one of mine.

I was new to kettlebells and using an app on my phone that showed each exercise. It was my first attempt at several of them and I ended up making a super weird motion and flinging the kettlebell to the mat, while two other gym go-ers were right there. I just tried to laugh it off and told them it was my first time, but it was embarrassing enough to not do that specific exercise again.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've peed on the platform doing deadlifts. :#

I always wear black leggings on deadlift days.

I was going around a couple of walkers that were taking up most of the space on a bike/walk trail on my bike and my tire slipped off the metal lip on the side of the path and I wiped out right in front of them. Tore my knee up on the metal. Blood everywhere.

I dropped a 45lb plate on my foot in the gym and fractured my foot. Shouted the F word across the whole gym.

My right big toenail is still growing out from the last time I did that. I didn't break any bones, though.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    at least you didn't throw up
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Glad you are ok. I would be concerned about someone in this situation but don't for a moment think they should feel embarrassed about a medical condition and what was probably a learning situation. You're not there to impress others!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

That;'s usually more discrete than projectile vomiting! (no, it hasn't happened to me personally)

Now you know why a lot of triathletes (especially those doing full iron distances) wear black shorts! B)

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Fueling strategy is a matter of trial and error for petty much everybody. You'd be hard pressed to find any runner who hasn't bonked at some time or another. Consider it a learning experience and adjust your pre-workout nutrition accordingly.
    Yep. I see people constantly advising against working out right after (not including the 15-20 minutes to get to the gym) eating a full meal, but for me it's what works best to have good workouts.

If it makes you feel any better, the other day a guy at my gym let out a loud long fart while deadlifting (I go to a small gym). You're good in terms of embarrassment.

I was doing weighted pull-ups yesterday. Right behind the normal pull-up bars is an assisted pull-up machine and there was a trainer there with her client and I heard them talking about how what I was doing was very "advanced". I was about to end my set at that point but the compliment made me push for an extra couple of reps... well, I should of quit when I was ahead. I ripped one that the entire gym probably heard but I'm positive the trainer and her client definitely heard. I dropped to the ground and that's when I noticed the client. Very attractive younger lady - she had a shocked look on her face. "Advanced".... indeed.

I was nice and pretended I didn't hear it. But I can't imagine he thinks I didn't considering I don't wear headphones at the gym and was nearby.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Fueling strategy is a matter of trial and error for petty much everybody. You'd be hard pressed to find any runner who hasn't bonked at some time or another. Consider it a learning experience and adjust your pre-workout nutrition accordingly.
    Yep. I see people constantly advising against working out right after (not including the 15-20 minutes to get to the gym) eating a full meal, but for me it's what works best to have good workouts.

If it makes you feel any better, the other day a guy at my gym let out a loud long fart while deadlifting (I go to a small gym). You're good in terms of embarrassment.

I was doing weighted pull-ups yesterday. Right behind the normal pull-up bars is an assisted pull-up machine and there was a trainer there with her client and I heard them talking about how what I was doing was very "advanced". I was about to end my set at that point but the compliment made me push for an extra couple of reps... well, I should of quit when I was ahead. I ripped one that the entire gym probably heard but I'm positive the trainer and her client definitely heard. I dropped to the ground and that's when I noticed the client. Very attractive younger lady - she had a shocked look on her face. "Advanced".... indeed.

I was nice and pretended I didn't hear it. But I can't imagine he thinks I didn't considering I don't wear headphones at the gym and was nearby.

in my yoga class, i often mention "farts happen" so it's a little less embarrassing. you can't squish things and not expect air to come out
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

You are in good company, Stefi Cohen's 507 lb record deadlift left a bit of a puddle behind. The lift was too epic to care about a bit of pee.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I ❤️this thread. Helps everyone see that stuff happens. It’ll be fine.
    My over confidence + pull up bar = embarrassing moment 😫
  • hesn92
    Options

I was going around a couple of walkers that were taking up most of the space on a bike/walk trail on my bike and my tire slipped off the metal lip on the side of the path and I wiped out right in front of them. Tore my knee up on the metal. Blood everywhere.

I dropped a 45lb plate on my foot in the gym and fractured my foot. Shouted the F word across the whole gym.

My right big toenail is still growing out from the last time I did that. I didn't break any bones, though.

OMG. I'm so cautious when I pull the heavy plates off the rack because I'm so scared of this happening. Ouch. I did pinch my finger once between two of the plates when I was putting them back up on the rack and that even hurt quite a bit lol
  • hesn92
    Options
    My dog tripped me when walking her on a walking path, and then ran off to go sniff another dog, dragging me along the path with her. My knee was so scratched up it took about a month to heal. This was in front of like 30 people because there were a bunch of parents camped out on the path during a football practice. I'm still bitter about that one. Lol.

My first (and only) day going to the gym in the morning before work, I went into the mens locker room on accident (They look exactly the same!) It was mostly empty except for the guy that came walking out of the shower. :o I switched to afternoon workouts after that.