Did losing weight let you wear heels?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm at a BMI of 20.5 and I don't like to wear heels no matter what weight I am. Looks good, but not comfortable at all. :p
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just love my heels. I can’t tell you how happy this topic has made me. I cannot wait to back in my heels. Another reason added to the “Don’t quit because.....” list I have on my fridge.
  • katie1234
    katie1234 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    kiela64 wrote: »
    One thing I’m really enjoying about losing weight is the fashion options. I’ve lost 45lbs and I feel like I’m starting to develop a style rather than just covering my body to go places. Lots of plus size people have impeccable fashion, but I wasn’t one of them. Clothes weren’t really fun for me until now.

I got a cute pair of heels today second hand from a friend (I never even try heels on in stores because I know they’re Not For Me) and I noticed I could walk better than I remembered. Still not easily, but not death!

That got me wondering if losing more weight will make it easier, so I thought I’d ask and see what people have experienced!

Definitely. I haven't lost a huge amount of weight, so I think it's down to doing strength training and actually having some muscles in my legs now :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    No.
    They are torture devices.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @pinuplove -those are adorable!!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I'm not wearing stiletto type heels. But I do wear a mid-heel to work almost every day. They don't bother my feet. These are what I'm wearing today and are pretty typical of my style. No pointy toes or 4-inch heels :lol: Just something to help a 5'2 girl out. Plus, cute! Luckily running isn't something I'm likely to have to do at work.
    wxpupyfl459q.jpg

But I'd never blame somebody for choosing to wear flats. I have ballet flats and they are without a doubt the most comfortable shoes on Earth.

Those are adorable!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :blush: I ordered them from ModCloth.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    No pointy toes or 4-inch heels :lol: Just something to help a 5'2 girl out.

Cute shoes! :)

This 5'2" girl takes all the help she can get and regularly wears 4" heels ;) often pointed toe stilettos. They happen to be what I like <3

These are today's shoes - rounded toe, fairly narrow 4" heel though not quite what I think of as stiletto
    7emadca602s8.jpg

Those are cute! They make me think of a peacock :smile:
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Both fab ❤️
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear heels often before, but after losing 80 lbs I've given up on heels altogether...

Too hard to get my daily steps up in!

• yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    No...weak ankles (stupid genetics!) :'(
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn heels in years because my balance isn't too good, and my knees needed replacing. I may try some again soon. BUT, the cute little ankle-high rainboots that I couldn't fit into, now fit just perfectly, as do my warm winter zip-up boots. I never realized my feet were fat, or that I would lose weight in my feet just in time for the crummy weather that has arrived!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    My arthritis hits my feet pretty badly. Heels and I aren't friends. I put on a pair of dressy wedge sandals for my niece's wedding and did okay in them, but other than that?

Nope.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!