Do you log cheat meals/days?

Options
Hey,

I’m just wondering, if I should log a cheat meal/day? I think yes, but what are your thoughts or experiences.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I do.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. You can't figure out whether the numbers you are using for TDEE are in the ballpark unless you have all the data on how much you consume.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Yes, you can then see accurate weekly averages, my cheats even themselves out over the week.
  • gnfandialan
    gnfandialan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's factored into my weekly calorie quota.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    It's kind of up to you.

Logging them means you'll have more complete data, so it will be easier to see what's going on and why. Otherwise, whether you log them or not has no bearing on your progress. So it really becomes a question of whether or not you need that data point, accountability, etc.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    If you eat it, log it. You’re only cheating yourself.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight I did. In maintenance, nope.
  • battina428
    battina428 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't have that many cheat days actually. I pretty much eat what I want and leave enough calories to eat "cheat " type foods. I lose every week and that's never happened on any plan I've been on including Weight Watchers. Anyway, I'm starting to go off topic but short answer, yes. :)
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    dulinh wrote: »
    I log everything. I never consider eating to be 'cheating' - its just eating

^^ this, 1000 times, ^^ this!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I try my best to, if its something like eating out then I don't always track it but the majority of the time I do.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Sorta? I don't have "cheat" days or meals but I definitely have days where I don't log because it's not my focus for the day. For example the 4th of July we were at a barbecue. I was under enough stress being at a party hosted by my husband's boss and surrounded by strangers. I decided for that day to eat what I wanted (mostly healthy with some treats) without trying to figure out how to log things, and I needed to focus on faking being outgoing.

My parents flew in for a day and a half this past weekend. I didn't log that visit. We ate out and again, I had some treats (stuffed french toast, mmm), but didn't go overboard. Still lost a pound on my next weigh-in.

As you can see these are pretty spaced out. If I was missing a meal/day every other week it would be an issue. The only other time I miss logging is when I'm sick (so I missed some other days in October, sigh).

• garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Yep. Your body's still logging even if you aren't. :D

I like that way of looking at it...
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Log it, then when your results aren't quite what you hoped for, you can look back and see if you really did eat too much and cancel out any losses you may have had.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!