I Suck At Running

Options
Today i tried to run at a pace that i could maintain a broken conversation with, and look how pathetic it is...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3148194239

I SUCK AT RUNNING! :(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    Today i tried to run at a pace that i could maintain a broken conversation with, and look how pathetic it is...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3148194239

I SUCK AT RUNNING! :(

That's an awesome pace! But I do go with the philosophy that any pace faster than 0 is an awesomeness pace. And you ran 6.2km!

Who are you comparing yourself with? You should only compare you to you, no one else.

What's the pace, i can't see this link??
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    everyone sucks at running before they get better at it. Any running is hard and you should be proud of yourself.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You’re still lapping everyone on the couch! I just started running again and I know I’m slow but that’s okay, I’m only competing against myself and I can see lots of improvements in only a couple months.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    For those who could not access the link...

0s6nj1w353n1.jpg
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Maybe you need more 20-30 minute sessions in zone 3?

hahaha

This is my zone 3.
  • Carneyje3
    Carneyje3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The only person you ever need to compare your running to is yourself. Your pace doesn't matter, what matters is that you're getting out their and grinding. Keep up the good work!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hey look at it this way..... even if your at the back of the pack..... your still in the pack.

Chill and enjoy. I was NEVER fast when I ran......... still loved it and I swear no Olympic Gold medalist felt better than me when I finished my first 5km!!!

All relative man...... bask in the glow of your effort! :)
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    For those who could not see: 3.85 miles at a 16:48 miles pace, 1:04 total time average heart rate 122. Old Dude; how does that compare with previous runs? Is this a start or a continuation? The only person with whom you should compare is your previous self. There is always someone faster, with more endurance, than you. Unless it is your livelihood to "win", progress is the goal. What are your goals? You did beat everyone who stayed on the couch. Did you enjoy the run?

This. Comparing pace to previous pace is the best way to evaluate yourself -- *as long* as you also evaluate the other factors. (Weather, illness, hills, generally feeling of crankiness, etc.)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Maybe you need more 20-30 minute sessions in zone 3?

hahaha

This is my zone 3.

Then you have your answer; continue, your zone three will get faster as you improve.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    everyone sucks at running before they get better at it. Any running is hard and you should be proud of yourself.

it never gets easier, you just get faster!

Haaaa there's a hard truth. I like to say I love to have run, not that I love to run.