OT: Recommend a hair straightener?

Options
2»

Replies

• klmccl05
    klmccl05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Definitely a CHI...and I got mine for $80 at overstock.com. I love it. Its my second one. The first I got on Ebay and the chord was loose so I later got a new one. I refused to spend more than $100 on a straightener, so I went with Overstock.com and it came quick..I've had it for about a year and its still working great!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'd just blow out with a round brush and a little straightening balm. You get a much better effect, from root to tip.

Thanks what I do now, and it just doesn't give that same "flatness", and that same look, if you know what I mean! (and I know it DOES work that way... maybe I should just save the money.....)

GHD though - $210!!!!!! I can't do it!!!!!!
    :tongue:

I guess I prefer the look of the round brush - not spaghetti straight but more of a long round arc that doesn't look greasy as quickly. But to each her own!

I know exactly what you mean Pepper - I like both looks (depending on the look I'm after) but I wanted the ability to get both looks! (but maybe it's not worth the cash!).
    :ohwell: :smile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    When I got my Chi, I bought it at a beauty supply store... It was a little over 100.00, but it came with a 1year warranty. I always break stuff(I'm a klutz) so for me it was worth it...:tongue:
  • froggiegirl
    Options
    The Chi is the greatest hair straightner. Your hair comes out silky smooth. I will never buy another hair straightner. Once you have used the Chi you will never want another one either.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheap ($35) one on Ebay, works great.
  • catherheath
    catherheath Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    this is right up my alley, I've tried them all, my favorite ---> FHI

bought is for $150, worth every penny, would never trade it
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a CHI and a baby bliss, one is a large plate the other is a narrow one, both she's had for almost 2 years, they get used every single day...she's loves em
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Hawaii, I took for granted how healthy my hair looked from the humidity... Alaska makes me look like Don King if I don't use my straightener... My husband took pity on me and let me splurge on one(or maybe he just wanted to make me quit complaining about how my hair looked).:bigsmile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I have a CHI and I love it .I got it on sale at JCPenney for $111.Hope this helps!
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a conair one too. It was cheap! It's the wet/dry one. I was skeptical but it works. It takes quite a while to do if you start with it wet but not so bad if it's already dry.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I've had a cheap one in the past, and can't deal with any hair pulling, over having to go over a section more than once - so I'm down to the Babyliss for $80, the HerStyler for $120, or the CHI for $140 (Canadian dollars - I know they seem expensive to you Americans!).
    :flowerforyou:
  • JamieArmbruster
    JamieArmbruster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a Solia. It was around 90 from folica.com. I love it! But as others said use heat protectant!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have the Remington Wet-to-Straight. I LOVE IT. It will dry your hair as your straighten it and the steam escapes through the outside part of the straightener. It works really fast and has a lot of surface area. It was only like $40 at Kroger.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i bought one at sally's beauty supply for $49....its the generic chi, i think the brand is gvp...i luv it and my cousin has a chi and she likes this one better!!
  • jcummings69
    Options
    I have had many high end straight irons in my life, but my newest one beats them all! I recently got a Solia and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. My hair is course and this thing straightens it instantly without having to go over the same strands twice.

Here is a link

http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1558.html
  • CassieNic
    Options
    i actually have a mid-level cheapie from wal-mart, and i get compliments when i do my hair. which isnt often enough right now with a 4mo and 3yo. right after im done, i use a dab of olive oil, rub it in my hand. to get it warm, and add most of that to the ends and then rub it over the rest. it turns out super glossy, soft, and shiny.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have the Remington Wet-to-Straight. I LOVE IT. It will dry your hair as your straighten it and the steam escapes through the outside part of the straightener. It works really fast and has a lot of surface area. It was only like $40 at Kroger.

I have the same one! Love it! :love:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I have used the remington wet 2 straight as well and now I have the conair 2 in 1 straightener plus curling iron and I love it! I think it was at least less than $40! :happy:
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I swear by my GHD! I have very curly and frizzy hair and the GHD straighteners are the only ones which manages to get all the kinks out. Love it. :happy: