New Again and again

Options
I just started using myfitnesspal for the 5th time, so I’m not exactly a new user. I’m interested in learning what foods are low calorie and easy to make. The hours after dinner until I fall asleep is the hardest time of the day for me. I tend to binge then. Also, I get bored with logging the food I eat. So these are some of the issues I need help with. I look forward to hearing from you. I need all the hints and tips I can get.

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast to save calories for evening snack.

Planning what you will eat and when and pre-logging may help.
    For planning we started using platejoy.com and it improved our eating a lot.

Learn about using cues and responses to change habits. For example, it is easier if I keep temptation out of the house (or at least out of sight (cue) and don't watch food tv (cue) and make myself drink 32ox of water then wait 20 min before a snack (response), I gain control.

Bored eating is a form of emotional eating. Do something to make yourself happy and the world better. Find opportunities at justserve.org
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You need to stick with it and log consistently. Invite some friends on mfp tat can help and if they have open diaries you get tips that way. Mutual support is the best no one way street. Good luck you will be fine
  • skv99
    skv99 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No breakfast, I eat cereals /oatmeal for lunch, <500 cals for dinner, fruit as snacks post dinner.. Sometimes Avacado... Occasionally falls off the wagon for a buffet.. .. That's what I'm struggling with..