Do you see yourself doing this forever???

Options
LH2011
LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
Hi was just wondering what other people think long term of MFP???

I have found this website and the people on it the best weight loss system ever for me. I have learnt so much about food and changing my eatting habits too. I am maintaining about a month and still love logging on everyday I just wonder will I still be doing this in a year or more and I honestly don't know and I wonder if I stopped would I be able to stick the the way I eatting now??

So I was just wondering what people think - will you be using MFP forever?? :smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I will. If I don't do it here I'll find somewhere else. If you stop logging you get lazy. I have been here for a year and lost all the weight I wanted and am doing this to maintain. When I stop I notice I am not eating as good as I should. I think when it's right in your face it really makes a difference.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I will. If I don't do it here I'll find somewhere else. If you stop logging you get lazy. I have been here for a year and lost all the weight I wanted and am doing this to maintain. When I stop I notice I am not eating as good as I should. I think when it's right in your face it really makes a difference.

Ditto!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    i definitely can see myself doing this for a lifetime! this website may not always be around but for as long as it is i'm going to be logging my food! it really helps me keep track of what i'm eating instead of just guessing.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. I definitely intend to stay on it until goal weight, then switch to maintenance calories. I might take a week off for vacation or something, but I won't try to "quit" MPF unless I feel I can handle my food situation by myself. Which I know won't be for a long, long time.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've been on for 10 months and it's still helping. IDK about forever but I think I will be doing it for a LONG time!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yes, I want to be healthy forever and I'd like to influence my family to be healthier too
  • soknurdy
    soknurdy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As long as this website is here, so will I.
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about this. I reckon that if I stick with it for a year the eating and exercise patterns will become so ingrained that I'll just do them automatically and won't have to count the calories anymore. One thing I will keep doing is a weekly weigh-in to make sure that the pounds don't start creeping up again. Of course I have to lose the damn weight before I start worrying about that.
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love it, too and can see myself doing this for a long time.
    Maintenance is the hard part. To figure out, what fuel my body needs and which macros to stay happy and energized.
    All the friends on MFP are supportive of my goals and that's awesome. However, I don't log on vacations. Vacation=vacation from computer, phone and tv, hehe
  • tilaisabel
    Options
    Yes I see myself using this amazing tool long term. Whether I want to loose 60 lbs or maintain a current weight I feel this website does a great job of helping people be accountable for what they do. I feel that when I post my meals, exercises, successes or failures I feel as if the people here on MFP help me soo much. :-)
  • Gemini_at_36
    Options
    My dietician states people who document food and exercise stick with eating well and being healthy longer than someone who doesn't. So you might not stick with MFP but documenting helps to keep us on track. I feel that for me this is a good thing and I plan to continue. What happens next month, I don't know...I can't look that far ahead, but for today it is definately working for me. :flowerforyou:
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think I will *need* MFP forever. But I will definitely keep using this site because of all of the wonderful people I've met here. As far as the app itself, I've pretty much memorized most of the things that I eat on a daily basis and can count the calories in my head. I think this app has given me the knowledge about eating and exercise that I need to be able to do it on my own after I reach my goal weight.
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are new to this site ( it's so awesome!) and I can definitely see this being a part of our lifestyle change.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have proven to myself that if I let myself slack, a whole bunch of weight will come back. And I'm not letting that happen again. No more putting off weighing myself b/c I'm worried the number will be higher.
  • AmazingStace
    AmazingStace Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll be here for a looooong time. I'm a food addict, so I need something like this to keep me accountable. I'm always honest with myself by writing down everything that I eat, right down to the ketchup and mustard. I've found that putting it down helps me eat healthier. Even once I get to goal weight, I'll still keep a food journal somewhere.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be tracking what I eat forever, because I feel like it's part of health, and we're just ahead of the curve a little. Just like you keep up with eye or teeth appointments... but I've found when some people are staying with me, I'm kind of ashamed after 3 years to still be measuring yogurt in the mornings, or weighing carrots. It's a hope, but life happens sometimes :)
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'll be here forever, my answer is "probably not."

I do believe that I will have to track at least some foods forever, otherwise I am likely to gain the weight back. But it probably won't always be on here, because I'm flighty and like to switch things up! But I am loving this site, so it could be for awhile. :heart:
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    well its not like there's a shortage of people that enjoy social networking. then you add the obesity rate in just the US alone its enough to keep this going. I personally plan on staying here as long as its around.
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have proven over and over again that I can lose weight and gain it back. I will log my food for the rest of my life in order to impose the much needed discipline in my eating habits.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    If not this site, then i'll go back to a paper or e-diary. was logging before i found mfp, and though mfp makes it easier, if it ever goes away i'll find another place/way to log. it's the ONLY thing that works for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!