Losing muscle gaining fat????

Options
Working out and slowly adding more weight, still gain fat lose muscle. Why?? I am turning blue at the gym and l only gains fat. Very sad 😞 3D scanner say so. I want to build muscle I don’t want to be skinny fat. I hate my body. Advise ?

Replies

• stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What type of workout are you doing? Strength training or just cardio? A mixture?
  • gisselleacuna
    gisselleacuna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Strength trainer. I have been doing this for 5 months, gaining only one pound of muscle. And losing some of that this past month. I do only 20 minutes stair master. I eat around 1400 calories. This past month I try to eat more. I gain fat only a whole pound and a half. 😞😒. I work out 3 days a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wouldn't put much faith in a digit type scanner. They are all estimates.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't even use those scanners. A pound or three in one direction or another is not something over which I would get concerned.

Just keep doing the right things and you will reach your goals. I had to let go of the daily minutiae and just get on with it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't concern yourself with that machine. As long as you are eating in a deficit that isn't too aggressive, getting adequate protein, following a progressive lifting program, you are doing what you can to help preserve muscle and lose fat. Use measurements, the mirror, progress photos and gym performance to gauge progress.