Christmas Gift for Personal Trainer

2»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Hello there. Christmas is a season of sharing happiness and joy with others. When it comes to selecting the gifts for the personal trainer, one can gift the useful things like sunglasses, which will is very useful thing to protect the eyes. While surfing on the internet, my sister found this helpful site, to pick a perfect pair of sunglass for gifting to her personal trainer.

$3 sunglasses?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Hello there. Christmas is a season of sharing happiness and joy with others. When it comes to selecting the gifts for the personal trainer, one can gift the useful things like sunglasses, which will is very useful thing to protect the eyes. While surfing on the internet, my sister found this helpful site, to pick a perfect pair of sunglass for gifting to her personal trainer.

$3 sunglasses?

It says "sunglass." I'm guessing it's only one eye. :lol:

*cough* spam

• competeagain2x
    competeagain2x Posts: 149 Member
    A gym membership
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I figure this necro thread is as good a place as any to say this: No More Gift Cards. If there is a gift to be given, don't give (me) a gift card. They are something [else] to keep track of and who needs a bunch more cards in their wallet? I almost never use gift cards, so the people who are benefiting are the businesses who know this. It's free money to them. Just give me nothing or cash.

/rant.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    A gym membership

Trainers get a free membership at the gym they train at.

I figure this necro thread is as good a place as any to say this: No More Gift Cards. If there is a gift to be given, don't give (me) a gift card. They are something [else] to keep track of and who needs a bunch more cards in their wallet? I almost never use gift cards, so the people who are benefiting are the businesses who know this. It's free money to them. Just give me nothing or cash.

/rant.

Maybe for you, but I think gift cards are an awesome gift. I spend a lot of money at places like Amazon, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Nike etc and if someone else is willing to give me 20 bucks to spend on whatever I want at Amazon, then I'd gladly accept it. Even a gas card or a gift card for Whole Foods would be well used.
  • competeagain2x
    competeagain2x Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2018
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    A gym membership

Trainers get a free membership at the gym they train at.

I know
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    I give my cleaning lady a grocery store gift card as I don’t really know much about her since I’m never home when she’s here to chat. I figure everyone buys groceries and if it’s not their choice store, well it’s easy for them to regift
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I always thought that a gift was to be personal to the person receiving it. If you don't know that person that well, cash is the impersonal gift that always fits. Turns into a Christmas tip, but if you don't have that kind of a personal relationship with your trainer that you have to ask a message board for ideas, seems to be the best option.
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    I usually workout right before my trainer’s lunch break so we talk a lot about food. I usually get them a gift card to their favorite place or some place I’ve recommended but I know they haven’t been. Sometimes I’ll throw in something little like new exercise bands, or cookies.
    Most importantly though is a card thanking them for all their help. I know that means a lot to them.
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    My personal trainer also happens to be my best friend and I can tell you that she is always grateful for any gift she receives from her clients at the holidays (and never expects them). Gift cards, wine (champagne is better), any token of being appreciated.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018

/rant.

Don't agree at all. First of all this comment sounds extremely ungrateful. If someone thought well enough of you to get you a gift at all you should be grateful. And second of all, it doesn't require much more work to use a gift card. And if you can't be bothered you can always regift it. I for one love gift cards and that's my preferred gift if someone is going to get me something.