My Damn wife..

Options

Replies

• chachii26
    Options
    This its great!! I hope she reads this post and feel the appreciation! congrats to both.
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    That's amazing. You both are extremely lucky! Kudos to you both!
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome post!
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    My husband is supportive of me, but he is overweight with not intention of losing it or exercising. He makes it very difficult for me to stay on track when he orders pizza, or brings yummy treats or chips into the house. I try to encourage him to exercise and healthy with me, but he just finds excuses all the time. I hope that one day the light bulb will go off in his head and I can support him the same way he has for me.

You are very lucky to have a wife who supports and joins you on this journey. You are very lucky and I'm happy you know it :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    This is very refreshing to read on a few levels. One, you're very lucky and blessed to have such a supportive spouse, I've read far too many posts here where one was on a road to getting healthier and the other is either not supportive or not interested in doing the same.

Two, I see SO many married people on these threads that are constantly flirting with others...not just little harmless flirts or complements, but pretty hard core stuff. I often wonder what their other halves would think if they could read some of it. :huh: It's nice to see a someone write words of praise regarding their wonderful relationship.

:smile:
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You are Truely a Lucky man and extermely Blessed! I am so happy that you both see and appreciate it. Good for you! I too have an amazing spouse (StevLL). He and I are both doing this together and he is my greatest Fan, biggest supporter and my Inspiration.
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well ladies and gents, I'm the lucky one! Mike is an amazing man. Treats me with love and respect, has a great sense of humor, a heart of gold and boy can he cook! Bottom line is that we are one... we are in this together. It's not about how we look (that's a plus) it's getting and staying healthy so we can enjoy our golden years. Mike is by far the best man I have ever known and I'm so thankful to God for bringing him into my life! I pray that all of you have that! Peace! Janie
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    You are Truely a Lucky man and extermely Blessed! I am so happy that you both see and appreciate it. Good for you! I too have an amazing spouse (StevLL). He and I are both doing this together and he is my greatest Fan, biggest supporter and my Inspiration.

Thank you Honey! I just do what I can when I can and give what I get. You're the everyreadfy bunny, so I gotta get healthy to keep up with you! :love: :blushing:
    It's a team effort sweetie and it's more fun to do it together,:bigsmile: besides who else would be brave enough to try my concoctions? Love your show sweetie.
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! With a previous boyfriend, during my relationship with him I became more and more depressed, ate junk food all the time (didn't help that his idea of eating out was McDonalds), lazed around as much as possible, could barely get out of bed some mornings... it was bad! I started changing from the inside and part of that was dumping him and finding a real man. With my hero, I'm in a gym for the first time ever, eating well, have been off "happy pills" for over a month (no more anti-depressants needed!), and feel stronger every single day. It makes a world of difference!
  • KarenH1229
    KarenH1229 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! A support system is a fantastic thing! Kudos to you and your wife, and keep up the good work!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I think I might have to hurt my husband if we woke up at 4:30am every day.

I'd kill him.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well ladies and gents, I'm the lucky one! Mike is an amazing man. Treats me with love and respect, has a great sense of humor, a heart of gold and boy can he cook! Bottom line is that we are one... we are in this together. It's not about how we look (that's a plus) it's getting and staying healthy so we can enjoy our golden years. Mike is by far the best man I have ever known and I'm so thankful to God for bringing him into my life! I pray that all of you have that! Peace! Janie

*smooches* rock out with your bad selves :)
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Your topic's title is a bit misleading...
  • superflashphoto
    superflashphoto Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is awesome :)
    I try to do this every day for my boyfriend, and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about me (except when I tell him he's not allowed to go out for poutine... hahaha)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    This is very refreshing to read on a few levels. One, you're very lucky and blessed to have such a supportive spouse, I've read far too many posts here where one was on a road to getting healthier and the other is either not supportive or not interested in doing the same.

Two, I see SO many married people on these threads that are constantly flirting with others...not just little harmless flirts or complements, but pretty hard core stuff. I often wonder what their other halves would think if they could read some of it. :huh: It's nice to see a someone write words of praise regarding their wonderful relationship.

:smile:

Totally agree! Only just realised what a hunting ground it can be!! The profiles are all about their lovely wife/husband and family and then drooling after each other, it makes me laugh!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Love it!

I forget sometimes how helpful it has been to have my wife and I together on the same plan and the same goal. She actually triggered the whole thing when I was not ready to begin last year, and it's been great learning together how to make meals on the program, eat together in restaurants, shop at grocery stores for the right stuff, etc.

There have been many times in our 15 years together when one of us wanted to lose weight and the other was not 'ready'. Thankfully this time we have both been ready and willing. I'm sure I would have been a complete failure without her help.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    awesome......youre a sweet man to acknowledge what your wife does for you...
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! and you two look so happy :)
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome Mike, you are truly blessed and so is she!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!