It's official: I'm an old man

Options
Tonight I went to a concert my cousin was playing at a bar, stayed only for his set, drank nothing but water, and left at 10:30 because I wanted to have my bedtime meal at 11, and I get up at 7 to go to the grocery store and the gym.

I'm still in my 20s.

Replies

• DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Meh, you just have goals and are smart enough to do what you want
    Agreed
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    And just think of everyone else hung over and feeling like 💩 while you’re fresh and killing your workout!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Options
    You’re sensible and wise. You figured out what’s best for your body at a young age. While others like me, had to take the long, hard bumpy road. Good for you!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Tonight I went to a concert my cousin was playing at a bar, stayed only for his set, drank nothing but water, and left at 10:30 because I wanted to have my bedtime meal at 11, and I get up at 7 to go to the grocery store and the gym.

I'm still in my 20s.

If you're old already, what will it be be 30 years from now when you reach my age??
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I'm still in my 20s.

If you're old already, what will it be be 30 years from now when you reach my age??

I probably won't live that long TBH.

I treated my body pretty bad for a lot of years. Substance abuse. Smoking and Dipping. A lot of it while out of shape, a lot of it really fit (which is probably harder on the body pulling an 8 mile run still drunk). I've been everything from underweight to fit but alcoholic (military) to obese drinker and smoker (post military) to finally trying to take care of myself (last 8 months or so). I'm also on some MH meds that are pretty rough on the kidneys, and my kidneys are probably not in the best of shape to begin with. High protein diet doesn't help much either but being a lifter is what keeps me on track in every other area of life so it's a necessary evil. I also snowboard, dirtbike, have dabbled in skydiving and plan to again, and have a lot of other hobbies that aren't the safest.

Obviously I don't have a deathwish, but I'm realistic about the fact that I've been pretty rough on my body in my life.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    By that logic i was old since i was in my teens

Never did the night scene. Always home before 10. I dont do bars or clubs.

Same. Dinner by 7, then night time tea while watching Forensic Files. Now that I'm 31, I am more versatile - Columbo and Golden Girls.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

I'm still in my 20s.

You sound like someone who has transitioned to adulthood but not old age.

Have you found yourself more drawn to buffets? Are you starting to obsess about your lawn, where your neighbors are parked or the weather? Did you think the music was too loud? Any trouble using technology? How many times do you wake up to pee during the night?
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I'm still in my 20s.

I probably won't live that long TBH.

I treated my body pretty bad for a lot of years. Substance abuse. Smoking and Dipping. A lot of it while out of shape, a lot of it really fit (which is probably harder on the body pulling an 8 mile run still drunk). I've been everything from underweight to fit but alcoholic (military) to obese drinker and smoker (post military) to finally trying to take care of myself (last 8 months or so). I'm also on some MH meds that are pretty rough on the kidneys, and my kidneys are probably not in the best of shape to begin with. High protein diet doesn't help much either but being a lifter is what keeps me on track in every other area of life so it's a necessary evil. I also snowboard, dirtbike, have dabbled in skydiving and plan to again, and have a lot of other hobbies that aren't the safest.

Obviously I don't have a deathwish, but I'm realistic about the fact that I've been pretty rough on my body in my life.

You will be suprised at how resilient your body will be if you have chosen a healthier path already. You are only in your 20's, there is nothing in your life you have done for a long time yet. When i was in my 20's i had the same mindset as you, there is no way ill be around that long......its kind of silly to think that. It only seems like you have abused yourself forever because you are still young. If you were 50 and had abused yourself for 35 yrs maybe you could say wow i doubt ill ever make it to 70, but in your 20's with half of those years not even yet in puberty......you have yet begun to defile yourself ;). So just keep on with what you're doing, the odds are way better you'll live longer than you think.

I totally agree!! I'd just add visit your physician on the reg. Especially with your kidneys....I'm sure you do, it's just that worry wart mom in me that needs to say that😉....and eat your vegetables you young whippersnapper!!!!😁
  • dylanalexander4906
    Options
    I’m 22 and the highlight of my day is my morning oats and coffee before everyone else wakes up
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about tattoos and loose women?
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
  • Cant_think_of_a_username
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »
    Now that I'm 31, I am more versatile - Columbo and Golden Girls.

This made me laugh - mainly because I happen to be sat here with the Columbo box set on my lap wondering which one to watch next!

• RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I'm still in my 20s.

You sound like someone who has transitioned to adulthood but not old age.

Have you found yourself more drawn to buffets? Are you starting to obsess about your lawn, where your neighbors are parked or the weather? Did you think the music was too loud? Any trouble using technology? How many times do you wake up to pee during the night?

If I'm bulking I definitely won't say no to a buffet. Live in a townhome, no lawn. I get irritated when someone parks in my spot. I definitely watch the weather for my outdoor activities. My roomates music is too loud sometimes. I've always been a luddite with technology - I prefer a pen and paper for workout logs and grocery lists. I do pee at least once a night because I drink a gallon + water throughout the day.

LMAO I'm just kidding...kind of.

Also I'm kinda barely still in my 20s. I'm 29.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

now Bonnie has aged like fine wine, i have to say!~
  • KETO12CROSSFIT
    KETO12CROSSFIT Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Turned 38 last month. Wake up to pee twice a night and ears ring all the time. Everything else still works fine.