Skipping A Meal

Options
One day I skipped a meal but ate normal the rest of the day & weighed the next day & lost .7 kg, is it possible to lose weight skipping one meal.

Replies

• wolftrucking08
    wolftrucking08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not likely.
    .7 k = 1.5 lbs. Most likely it was a minor weight error in math or procedure. Your weight will vary throughout the day as you eat, use the bathroom, etc., as well as what you are wearing.
    The best way to weigh in is the following.

1) Locate the scale in a room that has a consistent temp and humidity, on a hard level surface.
    2) Pick one day of the week to weigh in, preferably on a day off when you aren't waking up stressed or in a hurry.
    3) The ideal time to weigh in is first thing in the morning, undressed, after using the lavatory, and before you eat or drink anything. If you need to wear something wear the same exact outfit every time you weigh in like sweat pants and a Tshirt.
    This is the most accurate weight.
    Good luck.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Skipping one meal won't do much good if your next meal is a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. You still have to keep the calorie deficit. If you aren't over eating at other meals, it can be an effective way to go.
    Even if the whole box of donuts is only 300 calories?

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    There are ~3,500 calories in a pound of fat. You would have had to skip a giant meal.

Almost everyone washes good down with drink. On days I'm dehydrated, the scale tells me. Maybe you have a little less water in you right now.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Skipping one meal won't do much good if your next meal is a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. You still have to keep the calorie deficit. If you aren't over eating at other meals, it can be an effective way to go.

Please provide link to 300 calories for a whole box of donuts,I will purchase a case ! Fwiw I don't want a mini box with little bits, I'm looking for real donuts like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin donuts. I would seriously buy a truck load!

Mmmm, fat free stevia doughnuts!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Please provide link to 300 calories for a whole box of donuts,I will purchase a case ! Fwiw I don't want a mini box with little bits, I'm looking for real donuts like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin donuts. I would seriously buy a truck load!

Mmmm, fat free stevia doughnuts!

Fat-free stevia doughnuts with cauliflower subbing for the flour, a bit of egg white, and one scoop of protein powder.

:sick: