Excessive Urination

Options
Hello. I would like to ask if a diet with about 200 grams of protein per day can result in excessive urination? I consume about 3000 calories and about 200-230 grams of protein daily.For a week I have been waking up at ~4 am and I needed to go to the bathroom and that has never happended to me before .Before the diet I used to consume about 4.5 liters per day and since I have started it I began drinking about 5 liters .

Replies

• Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're male go to the doctor for a check up.
  • dj0creeper
    dj0creeper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well , I drink about 1.5 liters during training , 1.5 while at school and the rest throught the day and I drink like 500 ml about an hour before going to bed
  • dj0creeper
    Options
    Could it be from creatine , because I have started using it ?
  • YogiCece
    YogiCece Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. Whenever I up my protein beyond a certain point I always end up waking up in the middle of the night to pee. It's part of the reason I don't do high protein diets anymore.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dj0creeper wrote: »
    Well , I drink about 1.5 liters during training , 1.5 while at school and the rest throught the day and I drink like 500 ml about an hour before going to bed

Are you drinking to thirst or because you think you should drink a lot?
  • dj0creeper
    Options
    Out of thirst , I am quite a big guy ~90 kilos and 190 cm tall.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When I’m watching what i eat I usually naturally consume less carbs since the ones I want are calorie heavy, and then I pee constantly. I have read that is pretty normal for a lowish carb diet.
  • kellyjfenn
    kellyjfenn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do drink of water and my protein intake is “high”, and I pee a lot. Work told me I use the bathroom a lot and I need a doctors note. God I hate my job. But yes I pee alot
  • kimmurden1
    kimmurden1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kellyjfenn wrote: »
    I do drink of water and my protein intake is “high”, and I pee a lot. Work told me I use the bathroom a lot and I need a doctors note. God I hate my job. But yes I pee alot

Ridiculous!! 😡🤯
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    5L of water is absolutely excessive. Thats your problem.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    kellyjfenn wrote: »

OMG that's crazy! your work that is, not your peeing.

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    OP - I pee a lot, particularly in the morning. It settles down by the afternoon. And I get up to pee in the night most nights.

Not sure why you need to drink 5 litres of water tho, that's a (f)uckload of water.

Oh yeah, I take creatine too and it doesn't appear to have made a difference in my peeing frequency.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    If you are so thirsty that you need to drink 4.5-5 liters of water per day, then you need to see your doctor. Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes or other medical conditions.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    If you are so thirsty that you need to drink 4.5-5 liters of water per day, then you need to see your doctor. Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes or other medical conditions.

^^This.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Would be interested to see what your Blood Urea Nitrogen is...seems like you are compensating with more fluid intake to account for protein intake. Generally, BUN > 20-25mg/dL (depending on which lab reference) is a sign of dehydration...you might be overhydrated however. SCr : BUN ratio will give you more insight