Resistance band training program recommendations?

Options
Hi,

I'm on the path of gaining weight and becoming pretty toned up and figured I could add a day of resistance band training in each week. Any recommendations on brands or programs??

I'm always open to other suggestions too. Thanks in advance and have a great day!!

(Anyone who wants to be friends on here for motivating each other, feel free to add me :).)

Replies

• preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Am on a weight gain journey too
    but i do butt exercises
    You can add me too
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why do you want a day dedicated to bands? I use bands, weights, and bodyweight exercises but not dedicated days to each, I use them for specific exercises based on my program.

If you are a female, you can add me. I'm building right now as well.
  • AthenaBosi
    AthenaBosi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why do you want a day dedicated to bands? I use bands, weights, and bodyweight exercises but not dedicated days to each, I use them for specific exercises based on my program.

Ya, I could probably incorporate it into my leg and arm days. I definitely wanna try it alone first tho so I can see how well it sores on its own, if that's makes sense. And go from there. Do you like using bands? Do you feel it works?

I'll add you :)
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    AthenaBosi wrote: »

Ya, I could probably incorporate it into my leg and arm days. I definitely wanna try it alone first tho so I can see how well it sores on its own, if that's makes sense. And go from there. Do you like using bands? Do you feel it works?

I'll add you :)

Yes, I like them. I work out at home so I use bands in place of cables. I use them for things like rows, pull downs, pull through, hip abduction, etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I forget the brand i have, but i got them at Sport Authority before they went chapter 11. I believe they are fitness gear and than i got ripcord handles.

Second, are you following a structured lifting routine? Like an actual designed program?

And lastly, if you want to be toned, than after you gain weight, you will have to cut to lose the extra fat that you gain and potentially cycle between a bulk and a cut for a few cycles.
  • AthenaBosi
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I forget the brand i have, but i got them at Sport Authority before they went chapter 11. I believe they are fitness gear and than i got ripcord handles.

Second, are you following a structured lifting routine? Like an actual designed program?

And lastly, if you want to be toned, than after you gain weight, you will have to cut to lose the extra fat that you gain and potentially cycle between a bulk and a cut for a few cycles.

Thanks! I'll have to check those out.

No program. Just a routine I've devoloped on my own but still trying to find a better one for my arms. And of course some variety with bands!

And definitely! I'll have to look into that more after I put on the extra pounds! Thank you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

No program. Just a routine I've devoloped on my own but still trying to find a better one for my arms. And of course some variety with bands!

And definitely! I'll have to look into that more after I put on the extra pounds! Thank you.

Well the best thing you can do it get on a well structured lifting program like in the below link. And if you want additional arms, than you can always add a bit more at the end of your workout

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • AthenaBosi
    Options

Well the best thing you can do it get on a well structured lifting program like in the below link. And if you want additional arms, than you can always add a bit more at the end of your workout

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

You're awesome!! Thank you! :) that helps a lot.