Shoe Insoles....Do they really make a difference?

Options
My feet have always hurt, mostly because they hold up too much weight, but also from a few genetic problems. I'm not a runner, or even a jogger, so I'm not putting any extra stress on them, but it takes them a long time to warm up in the morning.
A massage therapist recommended some Dr Scholls Insoles and I just wanted to see if anyone else used them, and if they noticed a difference in soreness, pain or inflammation.

Replies

• Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yeah, for me they do. For example, in my case, I had terrible arch pain. The ones with slightly higher heels and a strong arch support helped enormously. Have no more pain, and trying to work on the weight issue so I don't have to keep wearing them!
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    oh and I switch them from one pair of sneakers (I wear everywhere mostly) to others, I only bought 1 pair if you're concerned about price, that totally works for me. :)
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use them for abit more support with a bunion I've got. They do help but they make my shoes really tight which is abit of a nuisance.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I started using off-the-shelf orthotic insoles when I had some back pain following an injury and it made a massive difference as I'd been over-pronating.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    They make an enormous difference for me. I have accessory navicular bone syndorme and my insoles are by SofSoles. I buy the ones for plantar fasciitis. I replace them once a year for my work shoes and every 300 miles in my holing boots.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yes they help me.

They are not expensive to try.

There are also custom made inserts that can be purchased (a little pricey)
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My son has custom insoles for flat feet, custom are expensive but offer way better support and alignment then otc.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I too got custom insoles made. The balls of my feet were in constant pain when at the gym. The podiatrist said that years of dance had deteriorated the fat on the balls of my feet and I was essentially having bone impact with the floor when working out. She made orthotics to transfer my weight back onto my arches and properly support my feet. Worth every penny, as I no longer get sore feet.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I general replace the insoles in all by sneakers, hiking boots and work boots.
    I don't recall the brand but I use the heavier cushion athlete version. Works great for me.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I used to have some that I really liked when I worked on my feet all day. Not Dr. Scholl's, maybe pro-form? They are hard to find now
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My podiatrist recommended Spenco inserts for my loose tendons and subsequent flatter arches.