Confidence depression motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• oorie
    oorie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I too suffer from depression (as an example - went to bed last night with the determination to get stuck into exercise again this morning?? - what have I done? not a thing, I'm still in my nightie and it's now late afternoon). I have struggled with depression on and off for a very long time, relationship, financial and just plain lonely.

What I now do is: I accept it as a part of me, I know that I'm lonely, depressed and feeling rotton. But and here is the big 'but', I also know that, depression is like a wave on the ocean - "It eventually reaches the shoreline - some waves take a lot longer than others but they all reach the shoreline eventually".

You are actually in a better space in your mind that you think you are because you know what you (like me and many others) are experiencing. There are people out there who are unable to recognise depression and it's debilitating affects.

The only advice I can give is to perhaps do like I have done, accept it, don't fight it (what I mean by that is - don't be hard on yourself because you know what's causing this blanket of self doubt and emptiness). You obviously have an 'inner strength' to you, that will allow your wave to get to the shoreline. Just ride it out with the certain knowledge that you CAN and WILL.

Surf on oorie, you are a very strong surfer on the waves of depression.

I like how you put depression in that way as a wave! And yes im the same way I want to work out but im drained somtimes and its aggravating because one min im all ready but as soon as the time comes I make excuses! Im not gonna give up and im happy to see people who can be supportive because alot of people cant understand depression! Im going ride this wave till I get to where I wanna be!! Thank you for your advice!
  • deborahrogers981
    Options
    Hey, I can understand the situation that you are facing because of depression. My brother has also been suffering from depression and anxiety after his divorce. The feeling of loneliness and anxiety is very difficult to handle, it needs to get cured early. My brother took the helpful hints from the voyance direct psychic readers who helped him to get over the problem of depression and channelized positive energy to take right decisions in life.