Still feel fat at size 6

2»

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Sometimes it takes a lot longer for your brain to catch up to your body. I still look at my jeans (4/6L depending on brand, I'm 5'7") in disbelief that they actually fit, but they do.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    I do it, too! I went from a 12/14 to a size 4, and don't get it when people call me "tiny."
    I got a pair of size 4 jeans and when I held them up I thought "there's no way a human adult could fit in these," but I put them on and zipped them up with no problem, like a magician switched them out for a different size in the process. I'm still waiting for size 4 to be the "new normal." :)
    Yes! Exactly!!
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    I feel the same. I’m a size 3/4 from a size 16-18 and still feel... big sometimes. It’s a *kitten*
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I can relate, though my loss wasn't as large as most. 40lbs, from a 14/16 to a 6/8 and I'm just as critical of my body at maintenance as I ever was before. I think small fluctuations show more visually, which doesn't help. I also have a disconnect somewhere in that I look in a mirror and think "yeah I like that" but I see photos and think I look a bit skinny, but then abstractly with scale and logging numbers I always feel like I'm not quite good enough.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Yeah, that's one of the most surprising things i've discovered about losing a lot of weight. I went from 241 lbs to 165 lbs. I lost that weight over 5 years ago,, yet I still feel like the 241 lb girl sometimes. I'm not sure it ever really goes away. However, looking at old photos, comparing my size 10 clothing with my previous size 18/20 does help give me some perspective when I need it. :) Our minds play funny tricks on us sometimes.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    I'm down 55 pounds from my high (177 to 122). When I look in the mirror, sometimes I see the bones that show on my upper body (ribs, chest, back) and think I'm too skinny. Sometimes I look at my round belly, muscular thighs and calves, and think I'm too fat. Sometimes I see the saggy skin and wrinkled thighs and just sigh about the fact that I'm too old (61). I know I will never have the body I had at 20, even though I weigh the same. OTOH, I know I am stronger and more fit than I ever was as a younger woman. The 20 year old me would never have dreamed of running a marathon or doing a long distance hike. I'd rather be me, now sags and bags and all, than the thin unfit person I was then.