Help me......... I'm melting!!

Options
Hi all,
48, married, kids- too fat, getting me down now! Need to loose 2st, need motivation. Help help help! This feels like a advert for tinder- ha! Only funny, sarcastic people reply please- male/female anything with a pulse! Ha xxxx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Stand in front of the mirror in your pants... happy? No? That's all the motivation you should need.
  • brawbeard
    brawbeard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. As for standing in front of mirror- that's exactly why I am on this! Had enough now, cheers for help
  • brawbeard
    Options
    OH and good post as well, very true!
  • ggenet2014
    ggenet2014 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It all goes back to my childhood, Mirror, mirror on the wall... who’s the fairest of them all!!

Ok joke aside, best of luck to you and I hope you laugh your way through this journey!
  • brawbeard
    Options
    Thanks for that, only way I can get through it, I am at that stage were u say F..... it! This has to happen
  • my2cents4u
    my2cents4u Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    49, married, also too fat. The best motivation for me was clarity. Time to stop bullshitting myself. Either I control my hands and mouth by not consuming what will damage me, or I keep making excuses and slowly kill myself while my kids watch and learn from example. Embrace that melting. Eat right and get up and move simply because you can. I woke up smarter one day and stopped. I drank water till I craved water. I ate broccolli till I wanted broccolli. Getting real with yourself, deciding to be strong, thats what you do. This my friend is a mental game, get in it, to win it. I started again (for the last time) May 20th, at 269lbs. I am now ranging between 209-211 depending on the time of day Thank goodness, I am melting and it is amazing.
  • my2cents4u
    my2cents4u Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also if you can, watch "The magic pill" on Netflix. It is interesting and quite enlightening.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Hi mate

40 next month, kids, business to run
    The mirror can be a great motivator.
    Not sure about funny but sarcasm is definitely my thing and love a bit of good banter, free free to add me and good luck
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    41, married, kid. here because I didn't look in the mirror for a few years because didn't like what i saw. Managed to lose the bulk of what I needed to already, but still here because cathartic.
  • brawbeard
    Options
    Hi all thanks for support, i have never used this, how do u get friend request. Sorry, I'm a total spud when it comes to Theae types of apps!
    Help?
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    brawbeard wrote: »
    Hi all thanks for support, i have never used this, how do u get friend request. Sorry, I'm a total spud when it comes to Theae types of apps!
    Help?

Welcome. If you click on a person's screen name it should take you to a page with an add friend button :)