My Weightloss Manifesto

Options
bbrackett12
bbrackett12 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2018 in Introduce Yourself
I am 29 years old and 290 lbs. I have been 33% larger than the average male for my age since birth (I did the math). Always being a big child all I ever wanted was to be small. Because being small to me meant you were accepted or at the very least left alone by your peers. I've been called it all had every backhanded comment in the world slung my way and I ate it. Literally I ate and ate and ate until I got sick and eventually ballooned to 345lbs.

I was 18 years old when I reached my high (low?) point and did something about it. I joined a Martial Arts gym, skipped college classes to workout and train, and eventually lost 133lbs. I was good there until I stopped training with the gym, no longer had the ambition to become a pro fighter, and stopped exercising all together.

For whatever reason I couldn't maintain the momentum when I left my MMA gym. I felt paralyzed with information, and my ADHD was always kicking when something new came along.
I had my momentary periods of motivation, always starting something new, workout, routine, diet,etc. I was a sponge for information in every area of exercise. I even got a job working at LA fitness attempting to get other people to reach their goals as well. Time went on and I slowly gained weight back, a pound here 3 pounds there and now here I am.

Ultimately it led to nothing. All that time, energy, and sacrifice wasted. Am I hard on myself sure, but I demand excellence in everything I do, and failed with this area of my life. I am shutting down doing any further research, and getting back to work. The kind of work ethic I grew up with wrestling, the no excuses, no *kitten*, dedication and focus with blinders on. The only difference this time being I wont skip work meetings to workout, somebodies gotta pay for my gym membership, may as well be my customers right?!?

So here I go on my weightloss manifesto,

B

Replies

• Lindz2H
    Lindz2H Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. Lots of ideas and researchers here if you decide you want that again as well. Add me if you would like!
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like your style, my friend. Good luck to you. :)
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Best of luck to you. Starting over is hard, but you have made such huge accomplishments before and you absolutely can do it again :)