HELP! KEEP GAINING

Options
2»

Replies

• evergreenlakegirl
    evergreenlakegirl Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks all for your advice and support-it’s really appreciated! Back on the wagon and hopefully n cut week will look better-
    As a side note- with all that weight loss it was all in my belly

• evergreenlakegirl
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Kshama- all I can say is WOW....thank you so much for the link- a real eye opener and truly what I needed to understand weight loss. MFP gave me the 1200 daily calorie #-
    But I was so hungry and was even becoming over aware of food in general -would go without eating at times ....all the points the article discussed
    My reason for wanting to loose weight is because I realized how much fat I was carrying- and knew I. Was eating too much - eating without thinking about better choices
    I can’t tell you how much better I feel -thank you 💕
  • jlmonroe232016
    jlmonroe232016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    a new exercise or working on a new yard work project helps
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    lautreun wrote: »
    You might considering adding raw veggies and fruits when you're hungry. A large salad rarely gets past 200 calories and absolutely blasts the hunger. Remember, digestion starts in the mouth and chewing foods for a long time is part of the satisfaction.

1/2 head of iceburg
    2 handfuls of spinach
    1 heart of romaine
    1 cucumber
    2 roma tomatoes
    1 large carrot shredded
    1 green bell pepper
    1 red bell pepper

If you're used to topping your salad with dressing, instead try fruit, nuts, or seeds to give it more flare. Try sliced strawberries or apples, dried cranberries or raisins, slivered almonds or chopped pecans, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds. These will all add some calories, but they are all good and healthy calories. And, guaranteed, you eat that salad with a couple of these toppings and you'll be full for hours and hours.

I’d add to this salad about 200g of potatoes or roast squash or beets - or 100g beans. Some nice heavy starch will make it a meal and a tiny drizzle of balsamic will make it delicious.
  • evergreenlakegirl
    Options
    Sounds like this is pretty well resolved but I just wanted to add that it sounds like you've been doing low carb and you decided to eat carbs. That is the issue. It's not fat it's water. When you restrict carbs the first big drop is water. When you add carbs back in your body restores the water lost. I have gained like that in the past when I was doing a low carb diet. It's very common.
    Thank you Cheryl....I didn't know this and yes, can explain.....I was being very careful with my carbs- and almost eliminating them....I still have the 2 lbs I've gained since Friday- but I've decided not to stress over it. I still feel better and no longer have a fat belly- haha....AND I'm not starving :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've been doing so well for the past 2 months since I started. I had lost almost 10 pounds and was almost at my goal weight! Then Friday I weigh myself and I gained 2 lbs!! I've read that this could be excess salt - water weight....so today I weigh myself expecting to see myself back down....NO...I gained another pound!!
    I haven't been as good at logging my calories and have been eating a bit more than usual but 3 pounds in a few days????
    What is going on???

Do the math...you would have had to eat 10,500 calories over maintenance for that to be fat. If you ate more, you have more inherent waste in your system...if you ate higher carb then you will retain more water...same for higher sodium...never mind that body weight fluctuates naturally all on it's own...I can easily be up or down 2-3 Lbs day to day, even without any real change in my eating.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to look at the progress chart in one or two month chunks of time.
    This allows me to see that while my current weight is less than my starting weight, the line is not straight down, it is up and down, up a little and down a little more, up again then down again , but always more down than up.

SLow and steady wins this race.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    lautreun wrote: »
    You might considering adding raw veggies and fruits when you're hungry. A large salad rarely gets past 200 calories and absolutely blasts the hunger. Remember, digestion starts in the mouth and chewing foods for a long time is part of the satisfaction.

1/2 head of iceburg
    2 handfuls of spinach
    1 heart of romaine
    1 cucumber
    2 roma tomatoes
    1 large carrot shredded
    1 green bell pepper
    1 red bell pepper

If you're used to topping your salad with dressing, instead try fruit, nuts, or seeds to give it more flare. Try sliced strawberries or apples, dried cranberries or raisins, slivered almonds or chopped pecans, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds. These will all add some calories, but they are all good and healthy calories. And, guaranteed, you eat that salad with a couple of these toppings and you'll be full for hours and hours.

That would not keep me full for hours and hours.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    For those calories I'd rather have a mini bagel and something with some fat content.

Agree