Don’t be jealous....( you will be if you like protein ice creams)

So everyone who loves the halo tops, enlightened, sweet habit, artic zero.....basically the $4-$7 pints of protein ice cream (sweet habit is 2 pints).

Wellllllll what if I said I’ve been buying them for a dollar each for the past month!😂🙌🏻😎 you know you live in Hollywood, LA when your local 99 cent store stocks all of these.....FRIKKIN STEAL💪🏻 I used to spend 25 dollars on about 5 pints of halo top or any other brand......I’ll take the one dollar pint option though😂👌🏻💪🏻 I found a gem. Yes this is a shameless make people jealous plug, but also who knows...maybe yours carries it as well?🤷‍♂️

Replies

• PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Now I’m gonna have to check dollar tree! I Thought I was getting a steal at Costco...4 Halo top for $12.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    PennyP312 wrote: »
    Now I’m gonna have to check dollar tree! I Thought I was getting a steal at Costco...4 Halo top for $12.

99 cent kills dollar tree lol. Dollar tree doesn’t have jack sh** usually
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    My local dollar tree is actually amazing! But there are lots of crap “dollar” stores around where hardly anything is a dollar. Wtf!

No 99 cent stores by me tho.
    Never thought to check the freezer section 👍🏻👍🏻
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    edited November 2018
    We only just got halo top here and it's $11-$13 per tub.

So your attempt at causing jealousy has certainly worked on me :'(
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited November 2018
    So everyone who loves the halo tops, enlightened, sweet habit, artic zero.....basically the $4-$7 pints of protein ice cream (sweet habit is 2 pints).

Wellllllll what if I said I’ve been buying them for a dollar each for the past month!😂🙌🏻😎 you know you live in Hollywood, LA when your local 99 cent store stocks all of these.....FRIKKIN STEAL💪🏻 I used to spend 25 dollars on about 5 pints of halo top or any other brand......I’ll take the one dollar pint option though😂👌🏻💪🏻 I found a gem. Yes this is a shameless make people jealous plug, but also who knows...maybe yours carries it as well?🤷‍♂️

Hatin' on you Ping! Like seriously?! Protein, ice-cream - what's not to love?!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I didnt even know dollar stores carried halo top! Thanks for the heads up.
  • pinggolfer96
    k8eekins wrote: »

Hatin' on you Ping! Like seriously?! Protein, ice-cream - what's not to love?!

Don’t hate the playa, hate the game.....😂
  • pinggolfer96
    I didnt even know dollar stores carried halo top! Thanks for the heads up.

They usually don’t lol it was from the 99 cent store specifically and I do live in Hollywood where it’s a trend fest everywhere so it may be a little easier for me lol
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    I mean you may get Enlightened for a dollar, but I'm not jealous considering the cost of living in LA 😂
  • pinggolfer96
    asonrody wrote: »
    I mean you may get Enlightened for a dollar, but I'm not jealous considering the cost of living in LA 😂

It’s where I need to be for what I do. And you’d actually be surprised. Yeah it’s expensive in a lot of areas but look at the demographics here...it’s not the wealthiest for a majority of people. I’m fortunate to make a living that allows me to live comfortably😊 yet I still will be frugal and go for the 99 cent store ice cream😂😂
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I've found Halo Top at Grocery Outlet once for $0.99 (nearing expiration), but mostly for $1.99 for the Gingerbread flavor.
  • pinggolfer96
    I've found Halo Top at Grocery Outlet once for $0.99 (nearing expiration), but mostly for $1.99 for the Gingerbread flavor.

That must have been one old pint lol, they usually have pretty long expiration dates😂
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member

Yikes! Even at Safeway here it's about $4.50! It's good, but not that good! Where are you located?
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

Yikes! Even at Safeway here it's about $4.50! It's good, but not that good! Where are you located?
    New Zealand - where the cost of living is stupid and the cost of ice cream is even stupider :'(
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

New Zealand - where the cost of living is stupid and the cost of ice cream is even stupider :'(

:flowerforyou: hugs!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

That must have been one old pint lol, they usually have pretty long expiration dates😂

I think it was going to expire in January?

The new So Delicious Chocolate Chip Mousse I've been getting for $1.49 a pint.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I got about 10 pints for 50 cents each at a going out of business sale here in NYC. I win. :laugh:
  • pinggolfer96
    I got about 10 pints for 50 cents each at a going out of business sale here in NYC. I win. :laugh:

Yeah for now maybe lol! Not after they’re closing sale....
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Yeah for now maybe lol! Not after they’re closing sale....

Haha they have been "going out of business" for 3 years now. 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Whaaaaat? For real? I'm in Santa Monica, must check this out.

Arctic Zero and Enlightened are my jam. LOL. Though, my store is only charging $2.50 (currently on sale) - so it's not terrible. But for $1.00, you can't really beat that. :)