Gaining not maintaining

I was on a hospital based non surgical weight loss program and lost 75 lbs. I then moved to Belevique which helped me to loose but after a family tragedy allowed/made me suicidal. Once Belevique was stopped I became me. I am not gaining. I need to get back get back to maintaining and even loosing since there is more to come off.

I am also having a problem adjusting to eating food after having bars and shakes for over a year.

Any thoughts as to how to get mentally back in the weight loss mind set? I think about it but can't find it again.

I'm retired and 66. I do not want my weight to stop me from living my life again. I do not want to hide anymore because I am over weight.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Calculate your maintenance calories on MFP and get logging. Finding some pals with similar calorie goals may help if you are used to bars and shakes.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Consider making one small change in habits each week. Gradual changes work well.

Maybe walking a bit more each day? Or exchanging one bar or shake a day for something you feel would be a better choice. Practice each habit for a week, then add a second.

It really does work!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Consider making one small change in habits each week. Gradual changes work well.

Maybe walking a bit more each day? Or exchanging one bar or shake a day for something you feel would be a better choice. Practice each habit for a week, then add a second.

It really does work!

That sounds like a good transition. One new thing at a time. I love our mfp community!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited November 2018
    I really like menu planning, just in general.. you can buy items in bulk to save money, you can buy seasonal produce (also cheaper) and it'll taste fresher, and it makes sticking to a plan easier. It might also help get you motivated again and excited to get healthy again. You just prelog your week since you know what you'll be having and there isn't really room to slip up because you already know what you're having (no coming home after a long day and relapsing on fast food because you don't know what to make). I feel like this would be an easier transition especially for someone coming from having bars and shakes everyday, it'll get you back cooking nutritious homemade meals and organized. I have fun decorating my menu and picking seasonal dishes , I change the menu each season. Try picking a couple meals that are simple to make, that you'll enjoy, and that fit into your calorie and macro needs. Fit snacks you enjoy into your calorie budget around your main meals for more variety. Making friends on here is also awesome!