A ten year battle.. but I think I’m winning

Options
After many year of emotional eating and abusing my body with food I have to say I’m now in a good place. This photo compares my two years ago to today..

t3xp0n4a7gxf.jpeg

By no means is the war over but I like to think that the battles are going in my favour. I barely recognise the man in that first photograph so that’s got to be good right?

Replies

• jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You do look like your own younger brother, so congrats! Great work!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    You are indeed!
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You do look great! Congrats on all of your hard work!
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! While I’ve lost about 20 pounds & still have another 20ish pounds to go. I also finally feel like I can wear my problems lie and why I’m over weight! This is a mental battle way more then a physical one!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome! Good luck to ya on the next part of the journey!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    yes I have been dealing with that also, the emotional aspect of overeating, I know now if I overeat I wont work my problems out, if I am unhappy what do I want, hey who knew it was not food? Food really distracts me because I can pretend a feeling doesn't exist. If I don't overeat I feel pain which is good and work on the problem. By the way, great work, losing weight is no easy task. I just lost 30 lbs and I know how hard it is but worth it.
  • dyfalbarhad
    dyfalbarhad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done. Keep doing everything you’ve been doing and make sure these changes are lifelong! You look so much more comfortable in the right hand photo!
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Amazing! 👏🏻👏🏻
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!