Work outs that you actually enjoy?

Options

Replies

• DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hiking/walking 😍 My sister and I love to get out of town for an afternoon and walk the trails around the lakes or in the national park. Yesterday we saw multiple frogs, a snake, and squirrels. Last time we went to the national park and saw buffalo!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Maybe start turning some of that walking into jogging...you could look into a C25K program.

Most of my exercise is on my bike...it's exercise but also it is recreational activity that I enjoy...it's as much hobby as it is exercise. I also hit the weight room a few days per week.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Still not found an exercise you enjoy?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love dancing.

Weightlifting can be fun too. I've just gotten into audiobooks so I can enjoy lifting more.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Weight Lifting, Hiking, I just tried speed ladder drills the other day and it was a blast. I starting to learn to love yoga as well. Weight lifting and hiking have always been my goto.
  • jillk93
    jillk93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love the "POPSUGAR" fitness video's on youtube. They are quick 20-30 minute workouts that have you sweating. I would definitely suggest trying one out!
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fitness blender workouts.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Pretty much a mix of everything in moderation...some heavy lifting, some high rep "pump" lifting, bodyweight exercises/calisthenics, any form of LISS (more so for recovery & meeting minimum daily activity goals). Fast pace is a must

Haven't delved much into yoga, plyometrics, or HIIT but I'm sure there would be enjoyable aspects of these as well
  • MeganReid1991
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips guys!
    In the summer I walk ALOT! But now that’s it’s winter I’m struggling. So far I’ve been using a fitness app with workouts that are from 7-15 mins and just been trying to do 30 mins 3 to 5 days a week currently. Just for something!
    Really want to make exercise a routine because I know it’s good for my body and it makes me feel better just really hard when I only get a hour to myself every day!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my runs, I enjoy Strong Lifts 5x5, I enjoy using the rowing machine. That is why I do them. I really don't like the assisted pull up machine but do it anyway because you have to practice what you cannot do.
  • crisma1974
    crisma1974 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Do your kids own xbox? There are a lot of interactive exercise videos for xbox. That is how I started with Zumba. I would do 30 minutes 3xs per week. You can use the classes already programmed in or you can make up your own.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You should look into Beach Body on Demand. They've put their entire catalog of workout programs online (there are hundreds of different courses), to create sort of a "Netflix for workouts". You can get it for $39 a quarter or the best price of $99 a year. There are a ton of different programs that you should be able to find one that fits your needs. I do a MMA themed workout called Core de Force, and my wife uses it to do dance themed workouts. More than worth it for us, even though I also train at an in person gym.
  • KitaStewart
    KitaStewart Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I love weightlifting. The only exercise I dislike and feel like is a chore is situps. For me, I feel bad taking a day off, I find setting up a playlist of your favorite tunes really gets the blood pumping.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Running, nothing like listening to some good music and jamming out while knocking out the miles! Hiking is also really fun, and would be a great activity for the kids. They could have a lot of fun learning about nature 😊
  • MeganReid1991
    Options
    Love a good hike but unfortunately here in bc Canada it’s already snowing like crazy and I have to wait till March to go again!
    So unfortunately things outdoors are kind of out of the question.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for skiing.