Ok, so is it a Cheat Meal or Cheat Day

I like to enjoy 2 donuts on Sunday. Am I cutting myself short on a cheat window. I would love to have 2 donuts & pizza in the same day. 😊

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Work it into your calorie goal and you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want!

That is what I like about calorie counting. And, the advance planning causes better food choices. If I am going to have a big bowl of popcorn this afternoon, there won't be any potato chip on my lunch plate.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,867 Member
    Neither. It's eating 2donuts, or 2 donuts and a pizza :smiley: You decide how you want to tackle the caloric deficit which will determine your weight-loss. As long as it's still a caloric deficit (in this case, for the week).
    "Cheat windows" are not magic time frames in which calories don't count. You can have 2 donuts and a pizza on 2 days of the week if you want, provided that you compensate for it the rest of the 5 days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    There aren't any rules or anything like that...you have free will to do as you please.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I would have both.

inb4 "What are you cheating"
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I mean, your body is going to process the calories even if you attach a name to it. If you have room for two donuts and a pizza, eat two donuts and a pizza. If you don't have room for it, your body will certainly let you know.

This.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    igovern wrote: »
    I like to enjoy 2 donuts on Sunday. Am I cutting myself short on a cheat window. I would love to have 2 donuts & pizza in the same day. 😊

What are your goals? Do you log and track calories?
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    When I was losing weight, I would have a cheat ITEM. If I've stayed within my normal calorie range & burned a certain amount of calories that will result in weight loss for the week, why would I mess it up by eating excess calories? So I would schedule cheats into my meal plan. I had to be strict because that is the only thing that worked for me. You can arrange your cheats however you see fit. The most important thing is that your intake calories are structured in a way that helps you to continue to lose the weight you desire. So if you want pizza and donuts, have them! You can even find low calorie recipes for both. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I fit in high calorie/low satiety foods by exercising more.
  • igovern
    igovern Posts: 4 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

What are your goals? Do you log and track calories?

I do track everything I eat. My goal was to cut down from 215 to 190 & just stay toned from there.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Sounds like gainz day to me💪🏻
  • wilson10102018
    Like today, I ended up with 1139 calories with a target of 1750. So, I'll have half of a Hersheys chocolate bar and a cup of coffee with milk for another 200 calories just so I do not miss the goal by so much. I'm not hungry because dinner was 6 oz of fresh trout sauteed and a half cup of fettuccine. But, I just add in the cheat food to even things out a little.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Like today, I ended up with 1139 calories with a target of 1750. So, I'll have half of a Hersheys chocolate bar and a cup of coffee with milk for another 200 calories just so I do not miss the goal by so much. I'm not hungry because dinner was 6 oz of fresh trout sauteed and a half cup of fettuccine. But, I just add in the cheat food to even things out a little.

How is it a "cheat" if you are still way under on your calories?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

Your profile says you're male. If this is accurate, then you're undereating. You may have some logging errors (i.e., solid food needs to be weighed rather than measured in cups), but in general, men need a minimum of 1500 calories per day; depending on your stats, you may need more. Eat the whole Hershey bar.
  • wilson10102018
    edited November 2018
    apullum wrote: »

Your profile says you're male. If this is accurate, then you're undereating. You may have some logging errors (i.e., solid food needs to be weighed rather than measured in cups), but in general, men need a minimum of 1500 calories per day; depending on your stats, you may need more. Eat the whole Hershey bar.

Yea, its a little worse than that. As a former food products research lab tech, and a bit OC, I log and count everything. I have cough drops on the log. I have two good food scales and every type of measuring device you could imagine. And, at 240 pounds, and no activity, I get 2310 calories minus 500 for a pound a week or 1810. I wasn't losing weight at 1810 even though I was mostly around 1500 so I dropped it just a little bit but now I'm hitting 1200, 1300 and 1400 per day or thereabouts. Hence the supplements.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    apullum wrote: »

Yea, its a little worse than that. As a former food products research lab tech, and a bit OC, I log and count everything. I have cough drops on the log. I have two good food scales and every type of measuring device you could imagine. And, at 240 pounds, and no activity, I get 2310 calories minus 500 for a pound a week or 1810. I wasn't losing weight at 1810 even though I was mostly around 1500 so I dropped it just a little bit but now I'm hitting 1200, 1300 and 1400 per day or thereabouts. Hence the supplements.

How long did you eat 1500-1810 before you dropped even further?

And 1200-1400 per day is not enough for a 240 pound male.
  • wilson10102018
    It was just a couple of weeks. I did add a multi vitamin. And, I am really sedentary. I mean my indoor cat gets more exercise than I do. Hahaha!