Shakes and calorie counting and hiit

Options
Hello
So I know in most people's eyes it's not the correct way to loose. But this way always works for me when I stick to it. Anyone else on a shake diet and want to be my buddy?
I've stones to loose.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    If you can't stick to something long term then chances are it isn't going to provide you with long term results. What is so wrong about letting MFP create a reasonable calorie deficit and sticking to it to have a healthy rate of loss?
    ETA: What else are you supplementing with besides just "shakes"? And what type of "shakes" are they?
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Be kinder to yourself, Irene. <3

Elphaba is right. Any method of calorie restriction works, but if you can't sustain it in the long term, then it's not really solving your core problem. What happens in the unlikely event that you can keep this up for the months/years it will take to lose the weight? As soon as you start eating normally, the weight will pile back on - because you haven't learned how to eat to maintain your smaller size. Surely it's better to learn how to lose and, critically, how to maintain your loss, by eating real food that you actually enjoy? An endless cycle of extreme diets and falling off the wagon sounds like no fun at all.
  • Irenebates85
    Irenebates85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey guys
    Thasks so much for the information
    Gladly accept it all
    I only use shakes for a few months to get my stomach small again and to kick start my progress
    I usually stick to it fine even after I go back to normal
    But this year I've let life take over me and I've zero time for any food only a take away at about midnight
    That's why I've gained again
    But I'm taking life back again because if I don't love me no one will.
    Once I start in gym again my diet improves so much because I start to think about food and health and how long it takes to work off.
    But it's so great to have everyones view and ways of getting healthy so thanks so much xx