Tea drinkers?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I definitely drink more tea than i do water. Not sure if this is a good thing however i find myself devouring tea both in the morning and at night. Green tea, strawberry and cream tea, peach tea, black tea....

I'm trying to drink more green tea and i feel it does help my metabolism a lot more.
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    just a quick update: my cholesterol was 189, below 200 in the healthy range!!! woo hoo!!!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    ginger peach black tea is my favorite and has a lot of caffeine in it... less than coffee but close-ish

I love this tea!! I drink the decaf version from Republic of Tea!!!!! Soo good!!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Green and Black tea have anti-oxidant properties and are good for you. Just sweeten it with liquid stevia so you can have a zero calorie sweet tea.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink black tea all day long because I like it best. All teas have antioxidants and are good for you. Green tea, which is unfermented, is the most touted for health benefits.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure there isn't any real health benefit of green tea over black, it's just that most people add milk to black tea, which adds a few calories.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I drink tea also (I never took a liking to coffee). I usually have a cup of plain ol' Lipton black tea in the morning, but I also love Teavana's mix of white ayurvedic chai & samurai chai mate. Teavana is expensive, so that's only an occasioanl treat! I also love peppermint tea or Moroccan mint tea when I'm sick.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I brew tea everyday and keep it iced and unsweetened in the fridge. I like Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry tea and will usually throw in a green tea bag for good measure - some say there are benefits. I now add several slices of fresh ginger - heard somewhere it settles a tummy.
  • gbell4
    gbell4 Posts: 12
    Options
    They actually come from the same plant, black tea is fermented while green tea is not. As I understand, this leaves some more of the phytochemicals/antioxidants which provide health benefits. Nonetheless, they are both great.
  • jpatrickwinstead
    Options
    Any tea drinkers? I was told green tea was best, then someone recommended black tea. Has anyone had any diet benefits from drinking tea? Which kind do you recommend? Thanks. :D

Benefits compared to what?

Compared to water, who knows? Compared to Coke, or whiskey? Yeah definitely.
  • mkupartist
    mkupartist Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the antioxidant rich white tea with pomegranate from Trader Joe's. It is delicious, has it's own natural sweetness and tastes great hot or iced. I have one in the afternoon. It helps curb my appetite a little, makes me feel full, gets that little more water that I need every day and you get all of those antioxidants!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I like green, black, and white teas. In order to not get bored of the same old tea I encourage you to experiment with different flavors (one I recently tired was a green tea with clementine) A nice rooibos tea with a small drop of honey& milk is dessert for me some nights. As other posters have said- mint tea is great for nausea/ stomach aches and chamomile is a good bedtime tea.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of straight green tea every morning. I love it.
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Living in Japan, I drink a fair bit of green tea, although more iced barley tea in the summer.

Strangely, just last night I posted asking if tea (and coffee) could count as my fluid intake, and the overwhelming verdict was no, because of the caffeine!