Has anyone used the Employer provided weight loss program named Omada?

Options
Wondering if anyone on MFP has heard of or been a part of the Omada Health weight loss program? It’s a 16 week program that is provided through employer insurance. Not sure if I would qualify since I have lost some weight but was wondering if it would be worth a try. Please let me know your thoughts if you have heard of it.
Thanks!

Replies

• hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Babs5420
    Babs5420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started Omada this past Sunday 11/4. It’s been good so far. My coach is very responsive and supportive.
  • hereslibby
    Options
    Thanks Babs. I was wondering what was required. The information I was given was very cryptic. Know they supply a digital scale and you have to weigh in daily, but that was all. Is it more of a diet or just support for what ever you are already doing for weight loss?
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using something similar but a different company. My insurance pays for Real Appeal and I find it is a chance to take a 30 minute break in the middle of my workweek to check in with my team. I’ve been at it 8 weeks and so far I haven’t learned anything I didn’t already know but I agree with everything they are saying so far. They put it in easy to understand terms and use a step by step approach.
    I’d say go for it. If they pay for it you are not losing anything.
  • Babs5420
    Options
    hereslibby wrote: »
    Thanks Babs. I was wondering what was required. The information I was given was very cryptic. Know they supply a digital scale and you have to weigh in daily, but that was all. Is it more of a diet or just support for what ever you are already doing for weight loss?

So far it’s been about making healthy lasting choices. It has us pick 1-3 achievable goals each week. I have access to a coach via personal messages to chat with about my challenges. Currently she and I are talking about my struggles with emotional eating. She is helping me work through the fact that I feel discouraged because I can’t exercise or meet my step goals due to bronchitis and strep.

I haven’t gotten a “diet” from them. I am actually using my fitness pal along with it because the food tracker is very general. I like to know calorie counts.
  • hereslibby
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have been on MFP for a while and hit a plateau several months ago. I was thinking that maybe having a different perspective or weight loss push might help me loose the last 10lbs. 16 weeks is a long time to commit to a program. I also didn’t want it to be some weight loss gimmick either.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have been on MFP for a while and hit a plateau several months ago. I was thinking that maybe having a different perspective or weight loss push might help me loose the last 10lbs. 16 weeks is a long time to commit to a program. I also didn’t want it to be some weight loss gimmick either.

I'd like to suggest that 16 weeks is a blip on the radar of time.

Eating is a life long activity.
  • hereslibby
    Options
    I agree with you. I am closing in on 2 years on MFP. Have not only lost a lot of weight but been able to keep it off because MFP has kept me accountable. It has become a lifestyle change for me. I tend to make the better choices now without even realizing it. 16 weeks is only 4 months.
    Mostly what I was wanting to know is what the program actually was because there was little information about it. I wasn’t sure if it was a diet plan, support group, medical evaluation etc. Didn’t want to sign up for something and be encouraged to purchase meal plans or shakes. I wanted my weight loss to be natural and be able to keep it off long term. No more yo-yo diets. If it is mostly support, I will welcome it as I get no support at home. That could have a positive impact on me loosing the last 10-15 lbs I would like to loose.
    Thank you for your insight!
  • Babs5420
    Options

Mostly what I was wanting to know is what the program actually was because there was little information about it. I wasn’t sure if it was a diet plan, support group, medical evaluation etc. Didn’t want to sign up for something and be encouraged to purchase meal plans or shakes. I wanted my weight loss to be natural and be able to keep it off long term.

So far it’s a very encouraging education and support group. Develop lasting habits that are small but will reflect big changes in your health. They have not tried to get me to do any diet plan or purchase any shakes. It encourages slow and lasting change. I start week 3 tomorrow.

• hereslibby
    Options
    Good luck with the program Babs! I haven’t joined it yet. The last few weeks have been crazy busy. Want to make sure I have time to devote to a new program properly. Glad to know it is about lifestyle change and not a gimmicky weight loss program.
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this now. I'm not finding it as helpful as I hoped it would be. Logging food is so vague, where here, I have numbers before my eyes of the impact of diet and exercise.
  • hereslibby
    Options
    Good to know Jenna. I had wondered if it was similar to MFP. I have found this app very useful. Not sure if listing my food twice would be benificial for me, but the extra support would be. Thanks for your comments!
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I use Real Appeal and just finished my first 16 weeks yesterday. My employer provides us access year-round so it's not limited to 16 weeks, but I am surprised at how much I have re-learned in those 16 weeks.

It's all information I've learned through research on my own, but it's in a weekly format that is easy to digest, and the accountability from an encouraging coach has worked more than I would have guessed it would. I fell off the wagon halfway through, but climbed back on and I'm left feeling more motivated than ever.

I don't log food on the RA app, instead using MFP. I still find it to be quite helpful and encouraging. :smile:
  • lleesmth
    lleesmth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Omada program worked for me. It provided me with the tools.

I joined this group as a convenient way to track food.
  • hereslibby
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback!