Make ahead breakfast ideas.

2»

Replies

• nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Overnight Oats (Oats, Greek yogurt, Whey, almond milk, fat free pudding mix)
  • clar8166
    clar8166 Posts: 3 Member
    My favorite make-ahead breakfast:
    -roasted brussel sprouts, goat cheese, and diced hard-boiled egg
    -fat free greek yogurt with diced strawberries

I roast the brussel sprouts and boil/peel the eggs on Sunday. Then each morning I use an egg slicer to dice the egg, throw it in a bowl with some of the roasted brussel sprouts, and nuke it for 60 seconds. Then I mix in some goat cheese. 182 calories. I often eat it with a greek yogurt that has strawberries (cleaned and sliced on Sunday, too) mixed in. 100 calories. So total meal is <300 calories.

It's one step away from grab and go since you have to dump, mix, nuke. haha.
  • chloenicole1515
    chloenicole1515 Posts: 5 Member
    I love overnight oats😍
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited November 2018
    Looking for some ideas for grab and go type breakfast things. Really want to make this work and loose weight but always struggle to make sensible choices in the mornings as I'm up and out early and don't have much time to make something from scratch. I've tried overnight oats but I'm not keen.
    Thanks

Have you tried steel cut oats? I much prefer them, and find them well suited to meal prep. I mix in dried fruit and nuts while cooking.

Recently I made the switch to mason jars for prepared food storage (fridge and freezer). With the metal lid off, they microwave nicely and there is a size for every meal portion I could want.

Oatmeal, beans, rice, etc all work well for bulk advance prep of foods that a meal can be built on.

Keeping a dozen hard boiled eggs in the fridge is another quick trick I like.
    Egg Salad is an easy fast breakfast sandwich , imo, and easy to have on hand.

I am not tied to particular foods for any meal, just that they are easy, fast, filling and nutritious.