Brainwashing

Options
So I've been changing my lifestyle for two and a half months now. Drinking protein shakes instead of having a doughnut for breakfast. Salads and lean meat instead of fast food for lunch. Lean meat or vegetarian dishes for dinner (most of the time). I walk two miles during lunch. I've lost over 25 pounds and am feeling great. There is no longer a constant supply of ice cream and chocolate at my house because I don't even really want it anymore.

That said, my husband is a meat and potatoes, Midwestern born and raised, man's man. He wants his steak and fries. I made stuffed peppers for us for the first time a few years ago. Back then I stuffed them with beef and seasoned bread crumbs. Since then I have slowly reduce the meat and bread in place of veggies like carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. Two nights ago, he brought home some peppers someone had brought in to work and HE made VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS!!!! NO MEAT IN SITE!
Last night I made eggplant parmesan which I knew he had never had. He joking said, "there isn't any meat in there, huh? I guess I'll have to throw a burger on top." I convinced him to just try it WITHOUT the meat. He ate two helpings and took the leftover for lunch today!
I love stopping at the local farmers market, but rarely get a lot of stuff because it is really difficult to convince him that fresh tastes SOOOO much better that the shipped stuff in the store. So we were grocery shopping the other day and I was gonna grab some garlic because I had used up my last clove the night before. He looked at me and said, "Isn't farmers market tomorrow? The garlic should be starting to get harvested. It is always so much stronger from there. Put that back and grab some tomorrow."

I think I have successfully brainwashed my husband. Ironically, since I started changing my lifestyle, he has lost 20 pounds too!!!!

Replies

• mazza33
    mazza33 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good job!

A lot of people seem to think they could never live a healthy lifestyle because they'll miss their favorite unhealthy foods. But they're not thinking clearly. Their mind is probably thinking that they'll go hungry. But what they seem to fail to realize is that they won't be starving; they'll be eating real food that actually tastes good. And once they're full up on good food, it's unlikely that they'll still want to eat the "bad food".
  • CelenaOlson
    Options
    Ha ha, good story! Good job!
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    That's awesome, wish the same could be said for my husband! lol
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    awesome nsv! good for you
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is simply fantastic! Congrats on your lifestyle change. I think I'm rubbing off on my family as well... Keep up the good work♥
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's amazing,congrats and thanx for sharing!! I'm still worKing on my hubby trying to convince him that my way of eating is better!!LOL. :):)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    LOVE it!!!

i've been a vegetarian for a year or so now and i've slowly "brainwashed" my meet-and-potatoes husband too...its fabulous (mines also lost 20 pounds as a result of ME changing MY diet)
  • momocurti
    momocurti Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST. Good for you! When you do good things for yourself it's one thing, but look at the awesome impact you've had on your husband. That's your legacy! Keep up the good work!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You rock!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    me too he is completely brainwashed!!! :smokin: :devil:
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome!... will you come and brainwash mine?
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....now I'm craving eggplant!
  • BerkleyEL
    BerkleyEL Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how delicious really good (for you) food is.
    It's the best way to tempt someone into healthier ways.
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....now I'm craving eggplant!
    It was pretty tasty!!! I made it with goat cheese instead of parmesan (don't tell him though he doesn't know that either)!!!!
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    LOL...Love it! healthy family = Happy home!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good for you.... AND your hubby! Hope the brainwashing continues..... could there be some jewelry in your future? ;o)
  • Rabbittrax
    Options
    Great success story. It's always better if family members are right there with you during the whole process. When I started my weight loss program, I hoped that it would motivate my husband to do the same. Luckily, he has joined me in eating the same things (most of the time) and watching his portions. He seems to be handling it really well and even mentioned the other day that he'd like to join me on some of my walks. This is one of the greatest motivations for me to keep going with my own program.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I love this! Congratulations on both of your lifestyle change!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump