Banking exercise for Thanksgiving

Options
Here's the plan...

I do my regular daily exercise and log it accordingly, but also do an additional 15-20 minutes per day that I do not record or eat back on those days. Instead, I pre-log that extra time for Thursday to allow myself some additional Thanksgiving calories.

Does anyone else do this? Is there any reason why this wouldn't be effective?

Replies

• mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I havent been hungry lately, so I have roughly 1800 calories banked that I will use for Thanksgiving. I'm not tracking that day and dont plan on going too crazy, but want to be on the safe side.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’m just banking all my exercise calories next week for Thanksgiving. I’m not going to track that day (too much of a hassle when I’m doing so much cooking) so it will be nice to have the extra calories as a cushion for however much I end up going over.

There’s no reason your plan shouldn’t work. Lots of people do stuff like that every week to have extra calories for the weekend or other special events.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter whether you look at it as exercise or consumption calories. The deficit or surplus over several days is all that matters. If you go a few days with a bigger deficit than you are trying to average and then even it out, it's no different than eating the average amount every day.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Sure, that's a good strategy. I look at my calories on a weekly basis, so I can bank or "borrow" calories on various days and still stay within my goal.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have my diary set to lose 2 pounds this week (instead of the usual 1) just so I can enjoy my husband's pumpkin risotto and mashed baked potatoes and still lose.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    JM11413 wrote: »
    Here's the plan...

I do my regular daily exercise and log it accordingly, but also do an additional 15-20 minutes per day that I do not record or eat back on those days. Instead, I pre-log that extra time for Thursday to allow myself some additional Thanksgiving calories.

Does anyone else do this? Is there any reason why this wouldn't be effective?

I don't think it works with my Garmin which tracks me 24/7. Any time I've tried to add extra exercise to fix something, it gets overwritten (due to negative calorie adjustments setting which I prefer).

I just check my weekly calories instead, and bank for special events.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Do you know that you have weekly charts on the app?

I call it my weekend calorie bank.

For people who don't know.
    Go into your food diary, scroll to the bottom, click nutrition. Then click the date and change to weekly. Click calories then click net.
    Scroll down to where it says calories under weekly goal.