They all but shoved it down my throat!

Options
Uggghh so Im doin a summer co-op and theres one lady in the office who every Fri brings in one of her delicious baked deliciacies like theyre amazing....usually I can avoid them cuz she puts them by the coffee maker and I dont drink coffee....but today one of the other women wasl ike "you have to try it!" and i was like "No dont really like chocolate" (which is the truth) and she was like no no its not all chocolate try it and dragged me to the dessert and handed me one....Unfortunately I ate it cuz I HATE being rude, big problem I have...and it was reallly good....how should I handle a situation like that in the future...like next friday haha?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Ummm...just say no thank you.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Food allergy.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    try this - 'ok - if you're gonna FORCE me to eat that, you're gonna eat some tofu, salad .. fill in the blank' alternatively, you could take a page from MY book and say 'I'm still on probation for assault on the LAST person who tried to force me to do something'
  • TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    Options
    Id just be straight up and say you're tryin to watch what you eat. I absolutely know what you mean, my dad will buy some garbage and then is wondering why it isnt getting eaten, because NO ONE WANTS IT. It's crappy. For like 200 calories I can have a decent snack, as opposed to some tiny *kitten* little treat thing I dont want.

I also hate the notion when people are like "Well you deserve a treat" no, the person who is trying to better themselves gets to say when they deserve a treat or not. One of my biggest peeves now as a healthier/future healthy person
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Just tell her "No thank you," and change the subject. You don't have to give an explanation as to why you don't want to eat something. If she pushes the issue, just tell her that you're not hungry right now, or that you're avoiding sweets right now, or whatever you like. It's not being rude to tell somebody you don't want to eat something. It's your mouth, you get to decide what you put in it. It's not like she baked it JUST for you or something.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    just say no, your trying to loose weight
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    Say no or explain that you are watching what you eat and ask if someone would like to share one. No biggie.
  • Behavioral
    Options
    I'm concerned that I may be pre-diabetic and am trying to avoid processed carbs.
  • bigchid88
    Options
    That use to happen to me constantly at work as well. I made it know to a few of my co workers that I was trying to lose weight and that sweets arent really an option for me right now. Since then, my co workers and bosses bring fruit and other healthy snacks in addition to the sweets.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I lie. Upset stomach, food allergy, already tried one.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    or, just say, thank you, but i don't want any. sounds like this coworker was being rude to you by dragging you there instead of respecting your wishes to not eat it. So in my opinion, a little rudeness would do her some good!
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    I am not sure how your relationship is with your coworker(s). But, you could always be honest with her and tell her you made a decision to eat better and improve your health. You can always add that once you have one "treat" during the day, it sends you into a spiral or something to that effect (humor always helps ease any tension right?!). Let her know you would love to have her support :)
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Set it back down and walk away.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    say "no, thanks. I'm on a diet." I know its really hard, I used to work with really pushy ppl like that.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    next time she puts sweets in your hand just peg her in the face with it. muahahahaha.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    and then say, "get out of my FACE, @sshole!"
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    No means no.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Food allergy.

Yes, I was thinking this. "It looks amazing but unofrtunately I'm allergic to chocolate".
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    just say no.. simple isn't it?
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    LMAO Ur all right I need to stop being a friggin ***** all the time and stick up for my diet! I dont even like desserts and I still ate it so Im really bad!