26, doing Keto+ IF, Goal 5/50 lbs lost

Options
Hi guys,
New to MFP community but definitely not new to MFP. Have tried this multiple times in the past, for varying amount of times but never stuck with it. As I stopped logging, the weight would just pile on back up. I know I’m not alone in this, and that is why I decided to join this forum this time to look for more accountability. Sometimes in our lives we make decisions that we stick with and define the rest of our lives, like our careers, moving to a different place, etc. I want this time to be that certain for me. I have been doing keto+ IF for a 1.5 weeks now and have lost 5 lbs and 5 inches and I’m loving the results and how my body feels. My goal is to lose 50 lbs, and now I have 45 lbs remaining.

Is there anyone out there who’s going through a similar journey? My biggest drawback is accountability. I just cannot remain accountable to me or my friends. My friends and I have tried doing diets and exercise plans together but all of us just give in together :( This time I want to make it happen!

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Kiwi015 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    New to MFP community but definitely not new to MFP. Have tried this multiple times in the past, for varying amount of times but never stuck with it. As I stopped logging, the weight would just pile on back up. I know I’m not alone in this, and that is why I decided to join this forum this time to look for more accountability. Sometimes in our lives we make decisions that we stick with and define the rest of our lives, like our careers, moving to a different place, etc. I want this time to be that certain for me. I have been doing keto+ IF for a 1.5 weeks now and have lost 5 lbs and 5 inches and I’m loving the results and how my body feels. My goal is to lose 50 lbs, and now I have 45 lbs remaining.

Is there anyone out there who’s going through a similar journey? My biggest drawback is accountability. I just cannot remain accountable to me or my friends. My friends and I have tried doing diets and exercise plans together but all of us just give in together :(This time I want to make it happen!

I think you have answered your own question, in a rounda bout way.

What I'm reading in your post is that you succeed when you log your food, and when you stop logging the weight comes back on.

Maybe also you and your friends are going for quick-loss fad diets that are difficult to sustain over the long term.

Your friends cannot log your food for you. Your friends could maybe measure/weigh your food for you, but, only you have control over the fork-to-mouth action flow.

At the office, we have a saying "there's no I in Team". I"ll turn that around and say there is no Team in I - and refer you to your closing sentence (bolded above) "This time I want to make it happen!"

good luck - you can do it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,062 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't find "accountability" works with weight loss or nutrition.

It's an inside job, and no one will be on the same plan nor can anyone else motivate me to do the work.

As far as Keto/IF, do it if you like it. Just do you, Boo.
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello! Add me. Im keto also, Been doing it for 2 months now and am down 22.8 lbs down!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,481 Member
    Options
    I’ve found weight loss to be mostly a solitary pursuit. I know this goes against the grain, but I think that’s the point. The battle takes place mostly in my own head, for me and about me.

When I needed I formation or help, I generally found answers on weight loss message boards more helpful than friends or family. We are only on this board because we share weight loss as an agenda. There aren’t any other complications.

Try to keep from discussing your program with others. Given your circumstances this may be tough, but do the best you can to keep to yourself. You may get some resistance on that. Keep your diary going no matter what. Make it your anchor.