Just started keto

Options
Hi my name is chelsea im 25 i have 2 kids I just started keto diet Tuesday. I was 164.9 I am now 159.9 I know this is water weight most likely. But what is other experiences anyone has had. Thank you

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I had to stop doing Keto for health issues, but it's pretty amazing the amount of weight I see people losing!
  • romano222
    romano222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea, I’m 30 years old and from New Zealand. I’ve been on keto for nearly 6 weeks now. I’ve lost 9kg so far. I have a much heavier starting weight than you and I would be stoked to lose 30-40kg (but could lose more!). I feel like keto is a diet I finally “get” if that makes sense. I’ve tried and failed at diets most of my life and resigned myself to the fact that I would always just be overweight. But this time I truly believe keto is something I can make into a lifestyle.
    At the start I lost about 4kg really fast then the scales didn’t move for about 10 days which I now know is to be expected. So if that happens to you just keep going! Your body is just adjusting to the change and then the scales start to drop the numbers again! Good luck with your keto journey!
  • cwithey93
    cwithey93 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had to stop doing Keto for health issues, but it's pretty amazing the amount of weight I see people losing!

I hope your health issues are under control. And yes i agree. My step mom started her journey in the beginning of summer and she looks amazing
  • tmekhimar
    tmekhimar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any ideas about keto?
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello! Add me. Im keto also
  • jwatala2018
    jwatala2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I also just started with it I’m 106 kgs and want to lose 26 kgs by 1 April 2019 to be 80 kgs. Let’s do this let’s be accountable. I’m also introducing intermittent fasting.

• mcgunnz
    mcgunnz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello I also just started with it I’m 106 kgs and want to lose 26 kgs by 1 April 2019 to be 80 kgs. Let’s do this let’s be accountable. I’m also introducing intermittent fasting.

Could you tell me a little more about your plans for IF? I have PCOS and ketp is highly recommended. I have heard of IF, but wondered what that would look like exactly? What is your plan?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @cwithey93 that is awesome. 4 years ago (Oct 2014) at the age of 63 I stopped eating all foods containing added sugars and or any form of any grains hoping to manage my arthritis pain. It started to working a few weeks after I learned in my case I needed to keep my daily carbs below 50 grams to cut out my cravings that could lead to binging. I did not start out to do Keto because at the time I did not understand what it was and how it could save my health.

My life would have been different had I made this change at 25 when the arthritis damage was just starting to go wild. At least now at the age of 67 my health and health markers are better than in decades. While weight loss was not an objective I went on to lose weight and have maintained a 50 pound weight loss for over 3 years now. It was day 45 before I lost the first pound of any kind of weight.

Best of success in finding the Way Of Eating that is best for your health for the rest of your life. It is awesome you are doing this for your family and yourself a such a young age.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Been keto since May 7 this year, it's been life changing!
  • cwithey93
    Options
    tmekhimar wrote: »
    Any ideas about keto?

What do you mean ?
  • cwithey93
    Options
    mawill08 wrote: »

I get small cravings here and there but easily curbed,with atkins bars and sugar free,jello
  • cwithey93
    Options

Yes i agree. Im only down 4lbs but 4lbs in a week. Is amazing to me
  • haylz2108
    haylz2108 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea and everyone. I started keto on Sunday (it's Tuesday morning here in Western Australia).

I started keto a few months ago and felt fantastic. No daily nap, more energy, no sugar crash. Then the stresses of uni and family life hit me and I carb loaded to get through exams and assignments. Since then I have let my cravings and and my negative thoughts win and have been eating like crap. On Sunday I started keto again, and did really well until 3:30-itis hit and I dove face first into a block of chocolate. I let the negative thoughts win and said to myself 'well I've stuffed up now so I might as well keep eating s**t.' So I dove into a bag of buttered popcorn, puff pastry danishes and cupcakes.
    Yesterday I did the same. I got until about 3.30 and let the cravings win.

This morning I woke up, looked in the mirror and just said two words. 'You CAN'. Keto eating isn't hard. It's easy. I love it. It's my thoughts that are my demons. I have a negative thought process and I am my own worst enemy.

Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to following your journeys.
  • haylz2108
    haylz2108 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @mcgunnz regarding IF listen to Joe Rogan's podcast featuring Dom D'Agostino. It's long (as all of JR's podcasts usually are haha) however it's really insightful.
  • mcgunnz
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check it out. Should I be worried about eating too much saturated fat via butter and coconut oil.
  • mcgunnz
    Options
    mawill08 wrote: »

Do you follow any meal plans online? How do you decided what you'll eat? I have to meal plan in order to be successful...and stay on budget. What do you do?
  • jwatala2018
    jwatala2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey yes I have a 7 day meal plan that I follow. It’s going pretty well.