Ouch no way. Cant believe my weight!

Options
Im so embarrassed ....I couldnt even be honest on my own profile. Feeling like mountain to big to climb but im gonna try.

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Being honest with yourself is a big step. You'll find lots of support here!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    First thing you've got to do is accept that you are the weight you are and be proud that you've decided to do something about it :)

The first step is the hardest, but you can do it!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Be honest with yourself. You'll appreciate it later. ALso, be honest with yourself in your diary. Get a food scale and use grams when possible. For me, stopping all the games with myself and the estimating has been powerful and freeing. After that it's nothing but math. And welcome! Some great folks on here.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    .today I weighed in at the Dr’s at 372lbs the most I’ve ever weighed and 50lbs more than I thought I was...embarrassing but fixable

I think a lot of us got our rude awakenings at the doctor’s office. I know I did. But let me tell you what a great feeling it was to go back there a year later, 75 lbs lighter and all labs within normal ranges. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, as I used to hear at WW, LoL. I’m not thin by any means but working on it. Best of luck to you and the OP. You will get a lot of support here.

• ferrenmariec97
    ferrenmariec97 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That was exactly my reaction to my weight! I didnt think that I had let it get that bad. I decided that the only way to "fix" that embarrassment was to get honest with myself and then do something about it. I believe in you!
  • Dawnvrt
    Dawnvrt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I was once a firefighter myself and, now, there is no way I could ever go back to it at my current weight. Lost a bunch and told myself I'd never get this big again, but here I am. Just take it a day and a pound at a time. You've got this. =)
  • sarshadawn
    sarshadawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    its so hard "looking". finally looking where you have always avoided looking, like seeing through this protective barrier your brain established. so painful, but once you do the hard work of looking, in the mirror, on the scales, knowing objectively you can accept the pain and the change that is required instead of relying on subjectively how you feel about it each day. its a big and painful step to look and i'm proud of you!!!
  • captbobwoods
    captbobwoods Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a great group of inspiring people on here. Ty you all. Im worried about not being able to exercise like i want. Fire Department worked my knees down to the cartilage so im trying to get weight down and off of my joints to possibly get knee replacements. I hoping caloric reduction can get me to desired weight but can only really walk for exercise. Thoughts?
    Worried in Charleston.