Marriage is 50/50. Right?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Just for the record. This was supposed to be humorous. Everything I have is because of my wife and is for my wife.

So is it a legit scenario?

Yes, It all really happened. I just thought it was funny.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit to me! But I'm always on the wife-side of those types of outcomes! :laugh:
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Just for the record. This was supposed to be humorous. Everything I have is because of my wife and is for my wife.

I still can't get passed the debit card thing. That's why I asked if it was a legit scenario. Makes no sense.
  • TheRoadDog
    edited November 2018
    Options

I still can't get passed the debit card thing. That's why I asked if it was a legit scenario. Makes no sense.

My wife wasn't happy about that either. It was a debit card that couldn't get cashed out and, on top of that, it had an expiration date sometime in 2019. I never would have pursued it and she got more than we should have, so I am fine with it. For what it's worth, we were staying at Polo Towers. A gift from my Sister in Law for our Anniversary.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

My wife wasn't happy about that either. It was a debit card that couldn't get cashed out and, on top of that, it had an expiration date sometime in 2019. I never would have pursued it and she got more than we should have, so I am fine with it. For what it's worth, we were staying at Polo Towers. A gift from my Sister in Law for our Anniversary.

I'm glad it worked out in your favor. She sounds like someone not to mess around with ;) My kinda gal.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    In theory, I love the idea of mine/yours/ours accounts.

In practice, I would screw that up for sure.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    That kind of thing happens to my husband all the time. >:)

What?..... I make him sandwiches and bring him beer. <shrugs>
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I knew it was a lighthearted thread, its no secret how much you adore that woman

Hear hear...and I'm just a lurker! :lol:
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Our finances have always been 100% combined. I've insisted on a small account for her with a few thousand dollars in it. That way whether I turn into a jerk overnight and she wants to leave, or she loses her mind and runs out...she won't be instantly homeless. Men are pigs, my mother taught me that. This is my defense against being a pig. I insisted she finish her degree for the same reason. She's well positioned to at a minimum be self supporting if she decides she's done with me.

Otherwise, every decision is together, all the time. The threshold for mutual involvement has moved higher as we've become more prosperous together, but it's still there.

I wonder how the pigs would feel being compared to men. :huh:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yep its 50/50 alright. My husband says "My money is your money and your money is your money". Long standing joke for 20+ years of marriage. I handle all the finances anyways.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    In theory, I love the idea of mine/yours/ours accounts.

In practice, I would screw that up for sure.

It's easy. Auto deposit. Specific amount to Household account, which she controls. Specific amount to Retirement, which my Investment Company Controls, balance goes to my account. Wife does the same. Never been an issue in 30 years.
  • Bellavita32
    Bellavita32 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Not in my household... Wish it were but it's not...