The picture that changed my life

My husband took a video of my playing with the kids in the water. I saw what my body had become after 6 kids and nearly losing my foot and that moment made me change everything I was doing! 40lbs down and feeling so great! wum3yrbxcmzr.jpeg

Replies

• wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Keep going!! You look awesome!
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    You are beautiful! Keep going!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    This just happened to me at a pumpkin carving party. Well done!!!
  • dance_out_loud
    dance_out_loud Posts: 1 Member
    I had a "picture that changed my life". The one that spurred me to make a change after our Christmas trip Disneyland. I felt so cute (and my husband insists I was) and then I saw the pictures afterward and was horrified. Turned around and started making changes as soon as Jan first rolled around. Never looked back.

Good job on making the changes you did! You look awesome!! Congrats!

I did the same thing after seeing the pictures from my honeymoon trip to Disney World
  • Peach7911
    Peach7911 Posts: 50 Member
    I had a "picture that changed my life". The one that spurred me to make a change after our Christmas trip Disneyland. I felt so cute (and my husband insists I was) and then I saw the pictures afterward and was horrified. Turned around and started making changes as soon as Jan first rolled around. Never looked back.

• Peach7911
    It’s crazy the affect one photo can have. I’m very glad to see I’m not alone. Keep working everyone. Please feel free to share your photos here!! You are all such an inspiration!!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Hard work paying off! Interesting how we may see ourselves daily in a mirror, but once we see a video or a picture it really hits home.
  • Peach7911
    You looks great!!!
    This was my defining picture. I hated everything about myself in this dress. It was a WTF was I thinking moment when I saw the picture.

uscnkacp47q6.jpg

30 pounds lighter, same dress but taken in a bit and a make over. Made so much difference how I feel about myself.

26r86zc5mmpt.jpg

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Aww thanks @Peach7911 Still a ways to go, I will take that dress in again when I reach goal just to compare.

@maureenkhilde it is true. We don't see ourselves in the mirror the same way as in a photo. I thought I looked great in that dress until I saw the picture. I always think I look slimmer than I really am :/
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Peach7911 wrote: »
    492dngyc7mlu.png

Same shirt

Great work right there. Looking fabulous. :)
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Peach7911 wrote: »
    My husband took a video of my playing with the kids in the water. I saw what my body had become after 6 kids and nearly losing my foot and that moment made me change everything I was doing! 40lbs down and feeling so great! wum3yrbxcmzr.jpeg

So inspirational! 6 kids and you are making it happen. You must be one busy Momma!

So important not only for your health but for the mental health of your kids. They are learning that their Mom values their own self worth. This will be so advantageous for your family.

You must too feel so much more energetic -
    The more you look after yourself and put yourself first, the more you can be there for them.

Way to go...love it
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    Fantastic job.
    I was trying to find a blouse and I had the largest size and it didn't fit right. Sat down in disgust and took a picture. Been slowly working at it, a little over halfway3pbnxyu6i0ny.jpg
    3khpbpzs5890.jpg

amazing job!
  • Peach7911
    twyla77 wrote: »
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    Fantastic job.
    I was trying to find a blouse and I had the largest size and it didn't fit right. Sat down in disgust and took a picture. Been slowly working at it, a little over halfway3pbnxyu6i0ny.jpg
    3khpbpzs5890.jpg

amazing job!

Wow you look Great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!