Self conscious at the gym

13»

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    I did goblet squats in front of the mirror last night. Made me think of this thread! ;)

Me too, and lunges. And the men nearby didn't care; were just doing their thing too.
  • pro31wahine
    pro31wahine Posts: 62 Member
    Hey girl, I totally get what you're feeling.

First off, get the PF app. Setup your profile with your home gym. Then you'll be able to view the sessions they offer. You can participate in one of the classes or sign up for "design your own program".

These classes will get you comfortable with the trainers. The design your own program will give you a chance to talk to a trainer a build a program for yourself. As you improve, redesign your program with another session.

Feel free to message me separately. I'll be glad to help you out.

Aloha🌴
  • AlyssaP1987
    AlyssaP1987 Posts: 268 Member
    Thank you everyone! It’s reassuring to know that most people don’t care what you are doing. I didn’t want to sound self absorbed I am just genuinely unconfident, and I want to change that. You guys def inspired me!

I think a lot of people feel the same way you do. You didn't sound self asorbed at all. I am also super self conscious at the gym and its holding me back from reaching my potential. You can do this girl. I will try too :)
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    When I was younger, my mother used to tell me that being self-conscious about people looking at you was actually thinking that you are important enough for other people to notice you. Ok, so it was a very harsh way to say it but now I'm older than she was at the time, I can understand what she meant!

Trust me, no one else in the free weights area give a damn about what you're doing (unless you are going to get in the way of their workout!).