Where are the Nerds??

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Hey it's cool to see folks reviving this thread. I've been goofing around in Warframe lately for PC, playin tabletop/card games, and just about to get started (coughcough) finishing up writing some old stories that I gotta get out there. It's been fast times at Nerd High!

My gaming name I usually use is Nyx Nova. I always get asked if it was from Warframe. :D But nah, the Nyx is because of the goddess and Nova is from a friend I used to play Xbox with and I just loved the name Nova.

I have a friend who keeps wanting me to play Warframe with him though I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm strictly a PC gamer now though, I don't own any consoles unfortunately!

Nyx is a great frame, one of my favorites, but Nova (for me, anyway) was a "Hey I got it maxed out, now I'll put it away and never play it again" heh. Warframe is an insanely deep game, so much so that the initial learning curve can be a bit difficult to get over initially. The initial investment to try it out ain't so bad though... :P
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Hey it's cool to see folks reviving this thread. I've been goofing around in Warframe lately for PC, playin tabletop/card games, and just about to get started (coughcough) finishing up writing some old stories that I gotta get out there. It's been fast times at Nerd High!

My gaming name I usually use is Nyx Nova. I always get asked if it was from Warframe. :D But nah, the Nyx is because of the goddess and Nova is from a friend I used to play Xbox with and I just loved the name Nova.

I have a friend who keeps wanting me to play Warframe with him though I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm strictly a PC gamer now though, I don't own any consoles unfortunately!

Nyx is a great frame, one of my favorites, but Nova (for me, anyway) was a "Hey I got it maxed out, now I'll put it away and never play it again" heh. Warframe is an insanely deep game, so much so that the initial learning curve can be a bit difficult to get over initially. The initial investment to try it out ain't so bad though... :P

I'm going to look into it. I've thought about playing Eve as well, but I've heard it's SO intense and I haven't had enough time to really delve into it yet.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Physicist who works with lasers
    Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, sci-fi in general.
    Do I qualify?
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    YOU HAD ME AT SKYRIM 😍

And then you lost me at No Mans Sky :)
  • DawnOfTheDead_Lift
    DawnOfTheDead_Lift Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    I just got through Red Dead Redemption 2! It was such a good game! I think it'll be a toss up between that and God of War for game of the year :)

I loved the first one. I only played 2 to the first part but I found it to be a rather dull dissapointment so far.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    Do I qualify?

I need your expert opinion on the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wecd5S2pr_Q
  • amyjsparkles
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    Do I qualify?

phew phew!
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Shan0Marie wrote: »
    Whovian, video game nerd (currently addicted to Fallout 4 again), and all around lover of nerd things here! :) feel free to add me.

I play a lot of MMOs, used to be WOW, now I will go in spurts and play FFXIV often.

I used to play XBOX360, mainly Halo (my fav), COD, GOW. Lots of FPS. So fun to play.

I just started dabbling in FFXIV a little while back. It was kinda fun messing around in a new game...but then got busy and haven't done too much gaming. I suspect I'll have more time for it over the winter as the days are shorter and the weather is less conductive to outdoor activities. My first real hook in MMOs was GW2.
  • amyjsparkles
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Shan0Marie wrote: »
    Whovian, video game nerd (currently addicted to Fallout 4 again), and all around lover of nerd things here! :) feel free to add me.

I play a lot of MMOs, used to be WOW, now I will go in spurts and play FFXIV often.

I used to play XBOX360, mainly Halo (my fav), COD, GOW. Lots of FPS. So fun to play.

I just started dabbling in FFXIV a little while back. It was kinda fun messing around in a new game...but then got busy and haven't done too much gaming. I suspect I'll have more time for it over the winter as the days are shorter and the weather is less conductive to outdoor activities. My first real hook in MMOs was GW2.

I liked GW2 but once I started playing FFXIV, I was hooked. I haven't played for a little while now but since we are talking about it, I might have to start again. I played WOW quite a bit though the community wasn't as friendly as FF.
  • kam32991
    kam32991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter was my first love but pretty all over the board. Star Wars, Marvel, GoT DC, Tolkien, Star Trek, Lego. My hubby and I have a rather expansive board game collection and play DnD and have been getting into other RPGs.
  • MacNobody
    MacNobody Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Original got into PC gaming with Ultima Online on a Gateway home PC, then WW2 Online, I tried WoW but WOW did I suck at that game.

I still play Ultima Online on a free shard and have been playing EVE Online since 2009-ish.

I love sci-fi, fantasy, but I'm not much of a comic book guy, I enjoy some of the movie adaptations but usually don't watch them until they hit PPV or streaming media.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Almost done with the prequel to the smash hit fantasy novel I wrote (a whopping 63 copies sold, whoo hoo!). My daughter wanted it done by Christmas, which the story will be but afraid it won't be in actual hardcover yet, only electronic for now. Want to see if I can get this one published by an actual company not just a DIY version like my first endeavor.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    My gaming addiction of choice right now is Clash of Clans on my phone. (Too cheap to own a tablet for the bigger screen, though if my eyes go any more downhill I may need to consider getting one...)
  • ellyseb1
    ellyseb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Star Wars, LoTR, GoT, Walking Dead and some Harry Potter too! Just finished Man in the High Castle and Sens8, so I'm looking for something new to watch. Any recommendations?
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    ellyseb1 wrote: »
    Hi all. Star Wars, LoTR, GoT, Walking Dead and some Harry Potter too! Just finished Man in the High Castle and Sens8, so I'm looking for something new to watch. Any recommendations?

It's not necessarily nerdy but I thought Ozark (Netflix original) was/is excellent, akin to Breaking Bad with money laundering instead of meth. excited for s3 to drop at some point.
  • arkangelicus
    arkangelicus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nerds be everywhere! Feel free to add!
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this counts as nerdy...but eh. Star Wars. Magic: the Gathering. Kali Linux. IT Manager. Of course, I also play hard rock and punk...so...I'm a music nerd, too I guess. Heh.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    ellyseb1 wrote: »

If you're not opposed to subtitles, right now my wife and I are into a Korean drama on Netflix called "Black". Short synopsis: it's about a woman who has the ability to see the shadow of death around people who will die soon, who teams up with a Grim Reaper that has taken over the body of a recently deceased police detective in order to track down another, fugitive Grim Reaper. She wants him to help her save people, he needs her to find the fugitive he's hunting. Adventure ensues.
  • ellyseb1
    ellyseb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow. That sounds interesting! Thx!
  • trumpet38
    trumpet38 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    . I love cats- especially black ones. [/quote]

I once got pissed high in the Andes on a couple of litre cartons of chilliean Gato Negro red wine and puked over a couple of my beloved travelling companions in the very early hours of the morning.....a memory that I'll never forget. Surprisingly were still on talking terms. Anyways I'm a bit of a nerd and quite possibly have alcoholic tendencies. Ps I didn't make that story up!!! ( even more worryingly) 😂