No more excuses

Options
Hey ya'll
I'm a 27 year old Mom who has spent the last 4 years making excuses for my excessive weight gain. I was always tiny growing up, through my teens, and even after having children, but I started to gain weight due to poor lifestyle choices in the last 4 years since my daughter was born. I kept telling myself it was because I had babies but the fact of the matter is, I gained all this weight after I had them lol I have an addiction to food that is taking years off my life and robbing me of my happiness. My goal is 48lbs away but I'm not rushing myself to achieve it. I've lost 11lbs off my original 60lb goal so far, just from a major diet change and exercise.

If anyone would like to add me so we can support each other and be accountability buddies, please do. :D
xxbjyaacv7cu.jpg

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hey your metabolism has a lot to do with it also. As we get holder it’s more difficult to keep our weight down or off it normally fluctuates. Don’t beat up yourself just enjoy food, family and workout make the time and you can have a balanced lifestyle
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey your metabolism has a lot to do with it also. As we get holder it’s more difficult to keep our weight down or off it normally fluctuates. Don’t beat up yourself just enjoy food, family and workout make the time and you can have a balanced lifestyle

no
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I'm a mum also looking to lose about 40 lbs. Please feel free to add me
  • k8bla
    k8bla Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words! :) Not sure why someone said "no" to that, I saw nothing wrong with what you said.

spells1977 wrote: »
    Hiya. I'm a mum also looking to lose about 40 lbs. Please feel free to add me

Awesome! I would love to add you :D
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

The bolded is not really true, it's an often repeated myth. Most people gain weight as they get older because they have a less active lifestyle and lose muscle mass from inactivity. If you remain active and strength train, your metabolism doesn't have to be an issue. It's lifestyle, not age. :smile:

OP, welcome and congrats on your success so far! Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum, there's lots of great beginner info in there. You can do this, just be patient and keep learning...
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a 28 year old mom of four with about 40lbs to lose :)