Is Coke Zero too good to be true?

Options
It claims to have 0 calories and looks like a great substitute for sugary snacks. Are there any non-widely known negatives of it?

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It claims to have 0 calories and looks like a great substitute for sugary snacks. Are there any non-widely known negatives of it?

Does it have aspartame?

Yes, Coke Zero has aspartame. I don't think it tastes like regular Coke, and the artificial sweetener taste is very strong. If you like the taste, though, I don't see why it would be an issue in moderation for most people.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max is the best but Coke Zero is good too! As they say though- everything in moderation. I find they can be great when I have a little craving for something sweet!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    It's one of the few things that works for me when I'm very thirsty. Tastes good and a lot of carbonation.

Nothing wrong with it, nothing wrong with aspartame, and is a good alternative to more calorie dense options.
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

In what dosage? Are you planning on drinking gallons of it a day, or just enjoying it in moderation within the context of a reasonable diet?

Just maybe one 500ml bottle every other day
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

In what dosage? Are you planning on drinking gallons of it a day, or just enjoying it in moderation within the context of a reasonable diet?

It's fine. Really. Switching to zero or close-to-zero calorie drinks have helped tons of folks manage their calories better while improving their health.

Enjoy!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I prefer a sugary drink but don't dislike artificial. The preference isn't enough to make the trade off, I could make room in my calorie budget for a regular drink or two, but why should I when instead I could have the diet drink with a chunk of cheese or whatever?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with it.